At Just we encourage a flexible and agile working environment for the majority of our opportunities. Get in touch with us to discuss in more detail.
We're a specialist UK financial services group focusing on attractive segments of the UK retirement income market but guess what, we're not your traditional financial services company and we're not just looking for traditional financial services people. We need agile operators, who can quickly find solutions and are committed to doing the right thing for our customers.We are passionate about our strong purpose of helping people achieve a better later life and our culture is built around our identity of being Just. We do the right thing in the right way. Collaborating and valuing differences makes us a successful team in which everyone feels included. Our culture, combined with our strong purpose, is one of our key competitive advantages and helps us to make Just an inclusive and great place to work.In 2021 we were named as one of theUK's100Best Large Companies to Work For and accredited as a 2-star organisation, representing outstanding levels of engagement. Alongside these we were also recognised in the following Best Companies categories: Financial Services' 30 Best Companies to Work For, London's 75 Best Large Companies to Work For, South East's 100 Best Companies to Work for and Northern Ireland's 10 Best Companies to Work For.We're extremely proud to be recognised for the great work that we do.This role will support Management Accountants and the Financial Controller within Business Finance. You will play an active part in delivering the financial accounting and reporting, risk mitigation and internal control with accuracy and within required period-end accounting. You will do this within reporting deadlines. The role sits within a fast-growing team and will offer a great deal of exposure to the senior leadership team and learning opportunities.
- Prepare, assist and support in the periodic accounting and reporting for use in internal, external, statutory and regulatory reports and returns
- Perform and oversee a range of periodic financial processes within the accounting and related IT systems and Group digital network
- Maintain and develop effective controls to mitigate risks, prepare reconciliations and check routine processes within work area responsibilities
- Identify and propose ideas to improve and automate existing and future processes and periodic routines, in line with the Financial functions stated strategy to "Be the Change"
- Support and influence robust systems developments through relevant experience gained and developed on the job as a Finance subject matter expert;
- To support financial period closing deadlines
- To prepare, assist and support the deliverables for external audit, annual report and accounts and periodic analytical reviews
- To actively Collaborate within and outside the team across the business to support the delivery
- Act within the Regulatory Conduct Rules which apply to all our employees and workers: act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence at all times
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three years' experience in a Financial Services accounting and reporting environment
- Must be proactively engaged in formal accounting qualification
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills
- Strong Collaboration mindset with a developed ability to work proactively with colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent personal work ethic, self-motivation and responsibility with accuracy and attention to detail
If this role is of interest, please get in touch with Geoff Bridger. Geoff.email@example.com About Us
We're a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things - and will always put the customer first.
That's who we are. We're a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we're going to make sure they get it.
- Location: Reigate - Enterprise
- Type: Full time