To ensure our Pensions client attains high standards of regulatory compliance by providing a practical, efficient, professional and treating customers fairly compliance solution, in all aspects of the complaint handling process.
The Case / Disputes Handler will have access rights to the relevant systems and staff members, including any records necessary to allow the role holder to carry out their responsibilities.
Successful candidates will be required to manage and take ownership of a wide range of complex issues and complaints from customers whilst ensuring they are commercially aware at all times.
Support the business and the Risk and Compliance team in the complaints handling process and delivery of complaints by way of:
• Receiving inbound complaints from customers and customer representatives, and respond in a timely and appropriate manner in the initial handling of the matter.
• Assist with the preparation of information packs.
• Acknowledge complaints within regulatory deadline requirements, complete and maintain logs of all complaints registers and MI.
• Complete complaint investigations thoroughly researching databases, files, records and meeting with relevant staff in order to produce a detailed report of the events and actions leading up to the complaint
• Liaise with customers and write comprehensive decision letters to customers or their representatives.
• Liaise with other bodies such as the FOS, Legal Firms or Claims Management Companies in handling complaints as required.
• Complete redress calculations and gather the information required to complete these calculations from third parties.
• Liaise with the firm's legal representatives and insurers and provide regular information and updates.
• Manage a workload of cases at various stages of resolution.
• Assisting with producing management information for use by Senior Managers and Directors.
• Work with the Compliance team to ensure the firm's systems and controls are robust, support the immediate and future business plans and adhere to regulatory requirements.
• Provide support and assistance to any ad hoc compliance projects as appropriate.
• Maintain a working knowledge of relevant FCA rules and guidance, in particular DISP and keep abreast of key business, regulatory and industry developments.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Educated to advanced level and preferably hold a degree or relevant professional qualification desirable.
• Previous experience of working in a complaint handling role is preferable.
• Experience of working in Financial Services desirable.
• Excellent organisation, influencing and relationship building skills.
• Strong analytical and investigation skills.
• Solid and effective research and report writing skills
Working hours - Monday to Friday, 9-5 or 8-4 with 1 hour for lunch.