Concept Resourcing have partnered with the world's leading domestic appliance company to set up a training academy. Our goal is to give people the opportunity to train and qualify as a Domestic Appliance Field Service Engineer.
Together, the Concept Academy and Whirlpool are offering driven, personable individuals our absolute commitment, dedication, and time to develop a career that can last a lifetime. Employment is offered on a full-time basis for a 12-month period in the Concept Academy with the goal of achieving a permanent contract on completion of training. Who are we looking for?
We are seeking keen, customer service focused individuals with a willingness to learn that would love to get hands on within the domestic appliance industry.
The Academy teams are open to anybody who has passion for tinkering, the drive to learn and a desire for personal development.
To date, we have supported large numbers of candidates from both Field Service-related backgrounds including those listed below and those from a customer focused background who enjoy engineering tasks as a hobby: Coffee Engineers, Vending Engineers, Air Con Engineers, FM Techs, Water Dispenser Replenishers, Car Mechanics, Cablers and Home Broadband Installers, Police officers and Fire Service professionals, Homemakers / DIY Enthusiasts, Ex Forces, University Graduates and College leavers
We have also enlisted candidates with hobbies such as RC Modelers, Model Train enthusiasts, Mountain Bikers, Gamers and other related to electrical or mechanical engineering principles.
It is important that you are able to demonstrate the following;
- Fantastic customer service skills.
- Energetic, driven & great attention to detail.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Problem solving in difficult situations.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Long term goal to be trained as a qualified Field Service Engineer.
You bring the right attitude; we will support your development into a fully-fledged Field Service Engineer.
Inclusion & Diversity is at the heart of our operations because we know that drawing from diverse points of view improves products, services, teams, and each other. We recognize we are on an ongoing journey and are committed to new, bold goals and meaningful action to cultivate an even stronger inclusive and diverse workplace, as well as in the communities where they work and live. Inclusion creates a culture of belonging; diversity makes us better .
The Concept Academy positions are open to all with full H&S taken into consideration regarding lone working and the physical nature of the tasks. What's on offer from the Concept Academy and Whirlpool?
Our Training Academy
- £2,000 salary increase after 6 months.
- Whirlpool Product commission
- Workplace Pension contribution
- Van & fuel card
- Safety on site / visibility: You have the option of lone working devices to give you peace of mind whilst working on domestic properties.
- Uniform, Tools, test equipment, footwear, PPE, face masks, hand sanitiser provided.
- Bespoke training to the highest standard for all engineers, along with the newest technology to aid with work.
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Payable through an umbrella company (all associated costs are covered by Concept Resourcing)
- Quarterly engineer reward scheme
- Access to Perkbox - Employee access to 285+ perks and discounts
- This is an ongoing training contract & you will have the opportunity to be made permanent (based on performance)
- Fully comprehensive training including classroom, workshop, and theory within a first-class environment with fully trained and experienced Trainers.
- 4-week fully expensed training course at client Head Office in Peterborough then a further 2 weeks shadowing a Senior Engineer within the field with continual support and mentors assigned. (This would require you to stay overnight within the week and go home on weekends during training)
- Ongoing review points, refresher courses and skill set monitoring.
- Full technical and operational support from Whirlpool and full administrative support from Concept Resourcing for the duration of your contract.
What is the interview process?
- Strong interest in an engineering discipline
- Full Manual Clean UK Driving License
- Right to work in the UK
- Appropriate delivery point for a courier to have 24/7 access to deliver stock e.g. (garage, storage unit, ideally 50 sq foot)
- Good written & excellent verbal communication skills across all levels
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Confident using electronic computer devices.
- Initial telephone screening to discuss background, training academy & the role.
- Video call with Service Delivery Coordinator competency based / technical questions.
- Video interview with Service Delivery Manager
This would be a fantastic role for candidates who want to become a field service engineer and embark on an engineering career.We are recruiting heavily over the next year, so if you do not see a vacancy within your area, but you want to register your interest, please email your CV with the subject - Academy Engineer Interest.