Working in partnership with a global and market leading haircare manufacturing company we are currently recruiting for an IT 2nd line Service Desk Technician to join the successful team in the head office in Leeds. The role is a full time 6-month contract, with hybrid working available - 2 days from home, on a day rate of £350 per day.
You will be passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience, with an expectation on aiding, supporting, and advising individuals experiencing technical or operational challenges. Owning the support process from start to finish whether directly or escalated. This will be supporting mainly the local office staff, but also as part of the global service desk, supporting the company user base across multiple offices, field-based teams, and overseas territories.
In this role there will be a requirement to attend visits to our other offices as and when required.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide triage services on all inbound service incidents and requests, categorising, and prioritising in line with service desk procedures.
- Provide prompt 1st and 2nd line support across all IT Infrastructure Services
- Provide prompt 1st and 2nd line support on business application systems to ensure technical problems are resolved as quickly as possible, escalating to 3rd line technical support where necessary
- Responsible for arranging and managing support calls with 3rd party Support and Maintenance
- Procure, Configure, and deploy new desktop hardware and software as required
- Performing all daily checks consistently, escalating, reporting, and resolving issues where necessary
- Involved in supporting and delivering infrastructure projects as directed
- Create user documentation and train users on systems where necessary, keeping knowledge base documents up to date.
The successful candidate should have:
- Minimum 4 years + work experience within a similar role
- Experience with PC hardware and basic network patch management
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft OS and core Office applications (Win10 and Office 2016/O365)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Servers (2012, 2016 & 2019)
- Working knowledge of networking inc. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience and a working knowledge of video and voice conferencing such as Microsoft Teams and Polycom products
- Experience and a working knowledge of support telephone and contact centre systems
- Proven experience of ownership of managing service desk issues through to completion against SLA's and keeping users informed of the status of services, incidents, and requests
- Experience in supporting Apple product iPhones and iPads in an Apple DEP environment.
- A proven track record of Apple Mac administration.
- Experience with work with MDM solutions
- Self-Motivated, confident, and driven individual, with proven ability to manage own workload
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to work across multiple stakeholders to gather information and co-ordinate priorities
- Must be able to manage own time and show initiative
- Work effectively on your own and as part of a wider team
If you are interested or would like to know more, please apply by sending your CV via the link and a consultant will contact you