The role of the Compliance Advisor is to provide advice and support to the senior management and staff on all compliance matters. Specifically, to assist the Head of Compliance - Broking in ensuring that all areas of the business are adhering to and maintaining regulations and standards laid down by the Financial Conduct Authority and other regulatory authorities as required.
This is a Hybrid role with 3 days at home and 2 days in the office but must be commutable to one of the following offices:
Manchester/Bristol/Portsmouth/Southampton/Nottingham/St Ives Responsibilities:
- To help ensure the Division complies with FCA and all other relevant regulation
- Provide clear advice and guidance to business areas on a wide range of compliance issues.
- Identify, highlight and where appropriate help manage and mitigate any regulatory or conduct risks present or arising within the Division
- Work with management and staff to ensure that the business implements and maintains suitable systems and controls to meet regulatory requirements
- Assist with the delivery of the Annual Compliance Plan.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of relevant rules and requirements, and how these apply to the Division
- Undertake horizon scanning activity, considering the impact of regulatory developments on the Division and, as required, assist with Regulatory Change projects and activity
- Assist with investigations into complaints, incidents and rule breaches.
- Review financial promotions, scripting and other customer facing documentation for compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Assist with external assurance reviews as required.
- Attend, and provide challenge and input into key governance meetings at a local level across the Division
- As required, to liaise with clients and affinity partners in relation to compliance matters
- To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as instructed by the Head of Compliance.
- Adhere to and Role Model adherence to all Group processes with regard to FCA (and other regulators') compliance.
- Previous experience working in financial services industry in a Compliance based role.
- Excellent knowledge of FCA and other Regulations relevant to a General Insurance Business.
- Ability to translate complex rules and requirements into clear, concise and pragmatic advice and guidance for business areas
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Good problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work according to Regulatory risk
- Commercial awareness and the good judgement to apply a pragmatic approach,
- Insurance industry knowledge, preferably pet, motor or home.
- Education to degree level or equivalent ICA Diploma or studying towards