Content DeveloperReporting to:
Development Team Lead
Fullly remote role with once a quarter team meetings in BristolRole Overview
This role involves joining a highly creative and energic bespoke eLearning team at a time of exciting growth. You will develop engaging and innovative custom eLearning content that delights Kallidus customers.
Our ideal candidate is a highly collaborative team player who is able to contribute innovative ideas in team discussions as well as contribute throughout all stages of content development.
Due to the breadth and diversity of media that we produce, there will be opportunities to further develop and hone your expertise in a wide range of technologies, or to specialise in a particular area.Key Responsibilities
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- To develop content for clients and projects to the agreed standards of quality using Articulate Storyline 360, Rise, Adapt, Captivate or other tools depending on customer requirements
- The development of user interfaces and complex interactions following the storyboard provided by Learning Designers and art direction provided by Graphic Designers within the team
- Ensuring that work is always within the agreed Corporate Brand guidelines
- Manipulating and implementing media into courses including images, audio, 2D/3D animations, video and any other media that is required
- Unit testing of developed work to ensure standards of quality are met and handovers to QA are detailed and sent
- Deliver to agreed timelines working with Project Managers to ensure targets for delivery are met
- Accurately estimate development timescales to inform quotations provided to customers
- Reporting time spent on projects accurately - ensuring that time is recorded against project work at least once a week
- Ensuring skills are up-to-date and relevant as they relate to content development and learning technologies
- Version control will be continually managed and maintained for all aspects of development work
- Adhering to our ISO 9001 accredited process for Content Development at all times
- Liaising with customers to review work in progress (predominantly online in virtual meetings, but occasionally in-person at Kallidus or customers' offices)
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- 3-4 years proven commercial experience working in the eLearning/creative sector.
- Advanced to expert level proficiency with the Articulate 360 suite
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and respectfully with all team members, including those from other disciplines
- Good understanding of SCORM 1.2/2004
- Good knowledge of developing eLearning for accessibility (e.g. WCAG 2.0 AA / AAA)
- Strong practical understanding of the Adobe CS suite
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to work to a deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of using Adapt, Captivate and other eLearning authoring tools and technologies as required
- Experience creating basic animation using After Effects
- Working knowledge of developing for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (e.g. using Unity)
We are Kallidus
- 25 days holiday rising with length of service
- Birthday holiday
- Private medical
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Continued professional development
Kallidus is here to unleash the potential in people. We create outstanding products that deliver market-leading customer experience to improve the performance of both individuals and the organisations they work for.
We are one of the UK's fastest growing software companies. Our solutions support the entire employee lifecycle, from recruitment to training, performance and talent management - and with more than 40 industry awards, we believe our software is the best in the industry.
Right now we're in a rapid growth phase and we're planning to expand from around 250 people to 500 over the years ahead. It's a fantastic opportunity to develop your career. Are you ready to unleash your potential?Life at Kallidus
People are at the heart of everything we do and the key to our success, so it's important that we recruit individuals who share our values. Curiosity, Integrity, Collaboration - these are the values we live by. You need to be driven to ask questions and to find out why. You need to be true to your word. You need to be proud to be part of something bigger, working with others will come naturally to you.
Once you join us, we'll help you develop and grow in a supportive environment, as part of a close-knit team that likes to have fun. Our open and welcoming offices are not only a great place to work, but somewhere to build careers and lasting relationships.
Can you see yourself helping us take our growth to the next level? We invite you to come and discover for yourself the exciting future ahead of you.