Job Title - IT Analyst - Multimedia
Salary - £25-£35k
Location - Harwell
Our client is the UK's national synchrotron science facility, located at the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire. They are a research and development company that are helping within a range of scientific disciplines from structural biology to chemistry, engineering and earth and environmental sciences.Role
Provide IT Helpdesk technical and Multimedia support in all areas including training sessions. Deal with and resolve user queries relating to IT systems. Record, track and fix reported issues. Configure, advise, and recommend on software & hardware use.Responsibilities
- Provide Multimedia support for meeting rooms, beamlines, training sessions and common areas.
- Support multimedia requests for the communications group.
- Support the setup of training sessions as required.
- Work with the CIT Projects Manager to support and develop new Multimedia environments and systems.
- Share multimedia knowledge with IT helpdesk colleagues to enable improved response
- Resolve, record, and track user calls to completion, keeping the user informed of progress, on many occasions dealing with complex IT issues covering hardware and software which crosses the boundaries of Science, Technical and corporate IT systems.
- Advise and recommend on software use, license setup and configuration.
- Ensure and monitor user adherence to IT Security policy in force including Anti Virus software, IT security and governance.
- Work with other Diamond IT groups to analyse and fix user issues, often liaising and co-ordinating with internal and external systems providers e.g. STFC IT department and/or DELL.
- Setup and installation of IT for new staff including Desktop, Laptop and Telephony.
- Carry out IT moves for offices and labs as required. relocate, install & connect IT equipment e.g. Desktop, Laptop and Printers.
- Carry out system backups, restores and Networking tasks as needed to fix reported issues
- Support Linux/Multimedia and Mac if required
- Carry out software/hardware Audits as directed by manager. Both manually and using automated tools.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.