Basic information Location Birmingham, Leeds, London, Manchester, Reading Service line Risk Advisory Date published 04-May-2022 Req # 9576 Job description Your opportunityOur mission is to deliver meaningful work for priority clients and society.
As part of the largest Data Risk Analytics practice in the UK, our practitioners understand exactly how data underpins a business and how improving the management, use and insight from this data improves performance and reduces risk. We deliver meaningful work for priority clients and society, and help clients and society turn risk to advantage through responsible use of data.
We combine our people's skills and experience, with Deloitte tools and solutions, across four focus capability areas:
- Data & Software Engineering - we design and deliver the data architectures, pipelines and solutions which underpin our clients' businesses.
- Information Management - we design and implement strategy, governance, operating models and compliance around enterprise data to build a secure and trusted foundation for our clients.
- Data Science - we conduct data-driven problem solving and analysis through modelling and visualisation to shed light on root-cause issues and identify the optimum solutions and options.
- AI & Automation - we harness machine learning and cognitive capabilities to derive new insight from a myriad of unstructured and structured data sources, and removing manual effort.
This opportunity is for a Senior Manager level Data Architect/Engineer to join our Data & Software Engineering capability area. As a Senior Manager in our Data Risk Analytics practice you will be working to help some of the largest, most interesting organisations in the world imagine, deliver and run the future - transforming complex business requirements into practical, implementable data solutions. You will have the opportunity to gain a breadth of insight across a diverse range of prestigious clients both in the UK and globally. We invest in our people, so you will have access to leading training and development opportunities, allowing you to develop both personally and technically.Your role
As a Data Architect/Engineer in our Data Risk Analytics team, you will have the following responsibilities:
Your work, your choice
- Managing and leading the delivery of client projects.
- Supporting the growth of our business by developing senior client relationships, identifying market opportunities and supporting the bid stages of projects by delivering market leading offerings.
- Be the key point of contact for direction and expertise across Data Architecture and Data Engineering.
- Contributing to the development of innovative products and offerings that respond to market developments and the changing risk landscape.
- Developing and mentoring the people around you to create a network of specialists we can draw from to support clients in their data objectives.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role can be based in London or regional offices. Some domestic or international travel may be required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.Your professional experience
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager in Data Architecture/Engineering. Specifically, you must have experience in the following:
- Extensive experience in Data Engineering and Data Architecture.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients.
- Strong planning and organisation skills. Including the ability to manage multiple engagements.
- Understanding and application of Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure).
- Experience of building relationships with senior leaders.
- Comfortable working as a team to help build a pipeline of sales opportunities across a portfolio of clients.
- Excellent commercial awareness and business acumen.
- The ability to identify client needs and respond with innovative and market leading approaches.
- Evidence of taking a leading role on projects across budgeting, project planning, stakeholder management, quality assurance, technical delivery and team management.
- Support junior team members on projects, helping manage their tasks and develop their coding skills.
Additional desirable but not essential experience includes:
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Certifications across AWS, GCP and Azure.
- A relevant professional qualification and/or relevant consulting expertise.
- Skills in a broad range of market leading tools and software used for delivering data engineering techniques.
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLRSKA LOCBIR LOCLEE LOCMAN LOCREA