About the opportunityDepartment Description
The Technology function within the Technology, Finance and Investment Admin department provides IT services to the Fidelity International business, globally. These include the development and support of business applications that underpin our revenue, operational, compliance, finance, legal, marketing and customer service functions. The broader organisation incorporates Infrastructure services that the firm relies on to operate on a day to day basis including data centre, networks, proximity services, security, voice, incident management and remediation.
TechHub Desktop Services is a customer facing team, the primary goal is to deliver a high level of service aligned to business requirements and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
The team provide an important interface into the user base and other Technology teams, providing services around the following technologies - desktop (Windows and Mac), fixed and mobile telephony, basic network, video conferencing and MFP printing. A key growth area is the support of BYO and mobile device access to corporate environments.
The individual teams respond to faults (from minor individual issues to high severity incidents) raised by customers via a centralised service desk, undertake all new installations and moves of IT equipment and also resource a wide range of tasks as part of infrastructure projects. Recent developments have enhanced and developed the face-to-face support of business users in centralised, open technology "hubs" where the TechHub team welcome users to drop in and seek assistance. TechHub team provide remote support to users working from Home as well.Purpose of the Role
The Technical Manager - is a technical leader in IT team that provides support to Fidelity business units across the UK, Continental Europe, Middle East & Africa. He/she has responsibility for hardware and software support services, maintaining customer satisfaction through problem resolution, Service Level Agreements (SLA) and being a recognised specialist of a localised technical team. The role involves exposure to other Technical Services technologies groups and requires a solid understanding of how these interact together and the processes for delivery.
This is a Technical role;
- Provide a high level of customer service in all user interactions
- Represent Technology to the user community to drive adoption of emerging solutions
- Employ a proactive and energetic approach to both personal assignments and Team collaboration
- Be a fully experienced employee able to handle more complex work or service provision.
- Work without supervision to achieve agreed targets and goals and organise the workload of others.
- Demonstrate specialist technical knowledge
- Act as a formal point of reference for technical specialist skills within team.
- Actively participate as a team leader - share with colleagues' knowledge, skills and experience of process, product, standards and systems. Lead by example.
- Operate at a departmental level
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Provide technical leadership and line management to a team of local engineers
- Quality check and auditing of work carried out by the desktop engineers - includes asset recording, ticket logging and installations
- Manage shifts and resource planning to ensure a good level of support to the business
- Manage training and development off staff to enhance the support to the business to move from a break-fix to consultative support model
- Run point on key projects as directed
- Handle complex escalations and own incidents, following through to satisfactory resolution as agreed with the business
- Liaise with Service Desk, Service Managers, International Technical teams and User Community to provide resolutions and excellent customer support.
- Achieve high quality of service support to the business community
- Ensure Service levels, KPIs and Operational targets are met and improved
- Carrying out weekly quality inspections of technology within the site to ensure optimal service operation.
- Act as primary escalation point for all Desktop and AV related technology issues
- Deal with contractors and suppliers to manage the on-site technology
- Maintain current environments and software policies, contribute to desktop strategy
- Solid knowledge of desktop environments Windows 10 and Office365
- Solid Knowledge of Apple Desktop / Laptop / macOS.
- Strong understanding of Wyse Terminal / Citrix / Virtual Desktops.
- Strong experience in mobile technology and mobile applications support.
- Sound knowledge of Intranet and Internet applications.
- Sound knowledge of Avaya IP Telephony, Polycom Video Conferencing
- Sound knowledge of voice / network architectures.
- TCP/IP, RAS, SCCM knowledge would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP protocol, horizontal and vertical cabling structures
- Good understanding of WAN/LAN architecture.
- Industry Recognised Qualifications would be an advantage - MCSA Windows 10 / MCSE / MOS
- ITIL foundation certificated would be an advantage.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills - ability to effectively communicate, influence and engage at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work collaboratively, quickly, and thoroughly to prioritise and complete tasks under multiple deadlines
About youAbout Fidelity International
We've been helping our clients plan and save for the futures they want for over 50 years. From more than 25 locations around the world, we provide investment services and retirement expertise to 2.5 million clients - everyone from central banks and financial institutions to wealth managers and private individuals. We think generationally and look to the long term. And today, building on the security of private ownership and our strong sense of purpose, we're growing our business like never before.What it's like to work here.
In our welcoming, caring culture, you'll feel valued, trusted and free to express yourself. We recognise the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought and in experience. With this in mind, please let us know if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
As well as a clear commitment to inclusion, we offer real flexibility about where, when and how you work. It's an approach we call 'dynamic working', and you'll find it brings the very best out in you.Getting started
For more about who we are, how we work and the part you could play in both our progress and our future, visit careers.fidelityinternational.com.
Or, if you're feeling inspired, start your journey with us right now.
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.Summary
- Location: Kingswood Fields Office
- Type: Full time