Corporate Tax ManagerJob DescriptionJoin the game changers
In addition to having responsibility for the management and oversight of the Group's outsourced global tax compliance and reporting, the Corporate Tax Manager will lead on various advisory projects, including tax incentives, financing, governance, new territory reviews and monitoring legislative developments that might impact IG.
- Management and oversight of outsourced global tax compliance and reporting, which includes:
- Oversight of Big 4 compliance provider, including review of global corporate tax returns and inputs into tax judgments
- Ownership of CFC analysis for the group
- Monitoring of global tax payments to ensure timely payment of tax in each jurisdiction in which we operate
- Review of interim and annual ETR calculations
- Draft board papers explaining the group's current and future tax status • Tax disclosures for IG Group and subsidiary accounts
- Lead on CBCR and Pillar 2 reporting/calculations
- Monitor global Uncertain Tax Positions
- Oversight of monthly/annual tax accounting
Lead on key tax projects, including:
Who we are
- Tax incentives, including oversight of outsourced R&D & Patent box claims and ensuring the Group is consistently taking advantage of global incentives in line with published tax strategy and commercial initiatives
- Global tax audits in collaboration with local controllers and advisors
- Tax aspects of external and intercompany financing
- Tax governance - lead on developing and maintaining policies and procedures to ensure strong tax governance e.g. SAO, CCO, the published tax strategy and internal frameworks
- Proactively monitor legislative developments and their impact to IG
- Ad-hoc advisory work as the group continues to expand into new territories Support the Operational Tax manager on various compliance filing requirements across the world
We've been changing the financial services game since we were founded in 1974, when we invented a whole new category of trading. Today, we're the world's No.1 spread betting and CFD provider, with operations in 20 countries across five continents and over 400,000 active clients worldwide. But we know our success is only possible because of our people, who we encourage and empower to be brave, determined and inventive.
Join us if you'd like to work in an inclusive, collaborative team that will recognise your talent and allow it to shineWhere you'll work
As part of our hybrid working environment, you'll split your time between home and the office. In this way, you'll be able to enjoy a better work-life balance and always bring your best self to your role.
At the office, you'll have access to everything you'd expect from a world-class employer, such as a modern working environment, agile spaces, private quiet rooms and breakout areas. Plus, all our offices are located in iconic city centres, close to everything you might need for a rewarding working experience.
Based in our London office the tax function reports directly to the CFO. The role will involve developing relationships with various front and back office teams based in London as well as daily interaction with finance teams across the
world.Who you are
You're upbeat and enthusiastic, and you have an open mind and a curious, can-do attitude.
You, like us, understand the importance of collaboration and are driven to be the best in what you do. You embody our three core values - to champion the client, learn fast together and raise the bar.
You want to be part of a proudly carbon-neutral company that will prioritise your wellbeing and that of the world around you, helping to create a brighter future for all. A company that embraces diversity and welcomes everyone with respect, regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, identification, faith or culture.
If you're inspired by our way of working and can bring something new to our team of top-notch people, then you'll find a home here.
You will need:
How you'll grow
- 3+ years PQE or relevant tax experience
- In-house and FS experience beneficial although not required
- Strong academic credentials
- Professional accounting or tax qualification e.g. ACA,CTA and/or significant experience in a similar role will be an advantage
Your personal and professional development are important to us.
As a company that's constantly redefining the boundaries of possibility, we'll challenge you to push yourself, accelerate your ambitions and rise to new levels of excellence. We know that's a big ask, so we'll make sure that you're supported all the way, getting the backing you need and the recognition you deserve.
If you connect with our vision and can get behind it, you'll be rewarded with countless opportunities to experience new things and enhance your abilities.
IG operates in a very dynamic industry. With ambitious growth plans new products and geographies are constantly being evaluated and the tax team play a key part in this analysis. Consequently this role affords a number of opportunities to learn and develop as the business grows in addition to contributing to the continued improvement of the core tax compliance and reporting function.What you'll get
As well as having the chance to attend regular social events and join special-interest groups, you get an attractive selection of benefits working with IG: Matched giving for your fundraising activity
From the team
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities
- Performance-related bonuses
- Pension, insurance and medical plans
- Career-focused technical and leadership trainings in-class and online, incl. unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning platform
- Contribution to gym memberships and more
- A day off on your birthday
- Two days' volunteering leave per year
Why join the IG tax team?
As one team member put it: "Being a small team and a flat structure, IG allows you to grow and develop in a unique and personal way. You can make what you want our of your career and get involved in many aspects of the business. Everyone at IG is a pleasure to work with, the teams are friendly and the opportunities are vast. The business genuinely cares about its employees, you really do feel the support from IG as an employer.Number of openings