Primary Location:UK-GB-London-LondonJob Type:Permanent/RegularPosting Range:2 May 2022 - OngoingCurrency : Pound Sterling (GBP)Description
Senior Corporation Tax Manager
As a Barclays Senior Corporation Tax Manager, you will join a team of circa 25 employees responsible for corporation tax planning, forecasting, reporting, compliance, risk management and resolution of issues with HMRC. You will use your skills on ad-hoc projects, driven by changes within Barclays, opportunities identified or the implementation of new tax, regulatory or accounting standards.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Providing technical insight and analysis into a variety of technical areas, such as share based payments, pensions, fixed assets, capital gains, controlled foreign companies and group relief.
• Taking full ownership of the calculations for your allocated technical areas for the entities within the UK Group
• Ensuring that we take the correct tax positions in our returns in the current and prior years while guaranteeing that we are taking positions which are consistent with our Group Tax Principles
• Supporting the preparation of the annual corporation tax return for Barclays Bank PLC, which is prepared by the Corporation Tax team
• Heading on analysis relating to developments in UK tax legislation and case law, to ensure the impact on the Barclays group is fully understood and any risks are mitigated
• Heading stakeholder management within your technical or business area to ensure that our requirements and the associated risks are understood and appropriately managed
• Driving the continuous improvement and documentation of corporation tax compliance processes and controls
• Reviewing and sign off corporation tax returns of a portfolio of UK tax resident entities, prepared by an outsourced service provider, ensuring they are prepared in line with agreed policies
What we're looking for:
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent
• ACA/ CTA (or local country equivalent
• Experience of tax compliance / tax reporting processes and practical experience of applying UK tax legislation to a complex group
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to work in a large team and to interact with other teams outside Tax
• Ability to undertake tax analysis and prepare tax workings covering a range of UK tax technical areas, with an ability to drive improvements in processes
• Willingness to work flexibly, respond to changing priorities and mentor and develop more junior members of the team
• Experience / understanding of issues affecting a financial services groups or large UK headquartered multi-national businesses
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.