Global Workforce Staffing (WFS), a division of Amazon's Worldwide Operations People Experience and Technology (PxT, aka Human Resources in other companies), manages Amazon's Tier 1 talent supply chain. We attract, hire, and onboard the associates who, by fulfilling orders at the frontlines of the company, make Amazon a global leader in delivery and logistics. The Market Intelligence ensures that Amazon can deliver an industry leading customer delivery experience while raising the bar for its largest candidate and employee population--Tier 1 Associates. We ensure that Amazon can take scale globally in a consistent manner, accounting for the specific regional needs and characteristics of European countries.
We are seeking a Manager, Data Science, with a heavy focus on quantitative data analysis and evaluation, and a deep focus on understanding European labor markets. You will be responsible for leading a new global expansion team from the ground up, develop research roadmaps, run experiments, and drive business impact through your research at global scale.
The ideal candidate should be well versed in quantitative methods, including classical statistics and machine learning approaches. Competitive candidates will be very comfortable with at least one computational language (e.g., Python, R). Candidates should be comfortable selecting and leading their team through deployment of the best fit computational models and machine learning algorithms for analyzing their output.
Candidates should have demonstrated experience leading data science and analytics projects related to labor market research and analysis, including research on wage sensitivity and elasticity, addressable workforce sizing, competition, and other factors.
A day in the life
You will lead a team of Data Scientists and BI Engineers, and partner with Data and Software Engineers in scaling intelligence by country pertaining to market presence (site selection), launch risk, and hiring risk. You will build strong trusting relationships with key business partners to influence and drive success in their operations. You will continually coach and mentor a team to be successful in agile research iterations, working hand-in-hand with subject matter experts as humans-in-the-loop refining and ensuring the adoption of your models and products. Basic Qualifications
- Master's degree in a relevant quantitative discipline
- Experience independently designing and executing research or experiments aimed at answering ambiguous, difficult-to-test questions
- Comfortable with at least one computational language (e.g., Python, R)
- Experience integrating models and insights into internal or external facing tools (e.g dashboards, web-based products)
- Experience building and managing teams
- 5+ years of post-academic experience
- Experience converting research studies into actionable insights
- Experience navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems
- Experience communicating qualitative research methods and findings to non-qualitative researchers
- Demonstrated experience conveying complex subject matter to clients and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability mentoring, coaching, and influencing colleagues, collaborators, and stakeholders
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.