This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to be a member of the Perenco UK Operations team. You will administer control systems Onshore and Offshore in line with company policy and legislation. This is achieved by providing daily support to the company to ensure safe and reliable operations. This will include support, maintenance and repair of software and hardware.
This role is based in our Norwich office, working Monday-Friday with visits offshore as operationally required.Key Responsibilities Include:
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
- Ensure the Technical Integrity of all Control and Safety Systems across the SNS
- Ensure assigned tasks and modifications are completed in compliance with international and PUK standards and procedures (SEMS).
- Assist the Projects team with control system engineering. Deliverable - work pack owner during implementation, ensuring compliance
- Change Request Forms - Input into CRF register to able audit trail for changes and implementations.
- Raise relevant permits within the agreed time period and suspend or cancel permits as appropriate
- Provide assistance for Projects, working with vendors and sub-contractors as required, subject to operational requirements and suitable resources being able to backfill the role
- Read and respond to all communications in a timely manner
- Apply trade and operational knowledge to fault finding and troubleshooting techniques for both onshore and offshore problems
- Comply with and pursue the requirements of Change Management Policies (e.g. Management of Change (PeMoC) etc.)
- Regular Health checks on the Control Systems
- Interact with vendors and OEM's ensuring the appropriate service is provided to the Company
- Manage Alarm Response Manual updates as system requirements change
- Ensure systems are compliant with Cyber Security Policies
Safety & Environmentally Critical Courses:
- Communication Protocols ensure that control systems are connected and interface correctly
- Hardware Selection specify and understand requirements around sourcing new control systems hardware.
- Loop Tuning assess the hazards associated with controller loop tuning, to identify the means of collating the data needed to perform tuning and to verify the means to define a change has been an improvement.
- ESD Systems ability to identify the procedures and standards involved in the management and implementation of ESD systems both offshore and onshore these being:
- Failure modes of sensors and the sensor loop
- Signal conditioning for sensors and initiating elements
- Failure modes and actuation methods for solenoid valves and final elements
- Proof testing and maintenance
- Validation of C&E
- Management of Fire and Gas Systems identify the procedures and standards involved in managing Fire and Gas systems both offshore and onshore.
- Cyber Security (experience relating to Cyber Security in relation to Industrial Automations Control Systems (IACS) managing cyber security risk, protecting against cyber-attack, detecting cyber security events and minimizing the impact of cyber security incidents.
Key Requirements Include:Qualifications:
- Alarm Management Fundamentals
- SUEPEE & Intrinsic Safety
- TUV Functional Safety Engineer
- TUV Cyber Security Program
The individual will ideally be an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer and member of an appropriate institution, qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND level with at least 10 years' experience in the offshore industry.Experience:
The jobholder should have experience in the offshore/onshore oil and gas industry and experience in a control systems role. The jobholder should have a good working knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems and the assessment and verification of safety critical systems. The jobholder should have a good working knowledge of DCS/PCS especially Delta V.Personal Attributes:
The jobholder must be able to plan and organise work, be a good communicator, self-motivated and an active team player.Benefits
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Allowance
- Defined Contribution Pension
- Discretionary Bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays