Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Objective:
To ensure accurate accounting, reconciliation and reporting of key financial data to enable the business to monitor performance, drive improvement, collect cash and ensure governance across a collection of key client contracts. Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Directly responsible for month end close activities in Oracle system to ensure results are accurately reported and analysed for a selection of contracts. This includes calculation of accruals, unbilled and unearned entries as required in compliance with Wood corporate deadlines, technical accounting standards, and in accordance with company procedures for reconciliations and balance sheet controls.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts covering P&L to Gross Margin level including reimbursable labour, recovered in rate costs, lump sums, procurement, plant & equipment, plus other reimbursable and non-reimbursable items.
- Balance sheet responsibility for unbilled, unearned, accounts receivable and accruals to ensure accurate reporting, aging and improvement actions.
- Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) - reporting, analysis and supporting improvement.
- Provision of clear and concise variance analysis of actual monthly results compared to budget/forecast to help support contract management to understand and act upon financial results.
- Provision of financial information as required by the business including Project Governance Reporting, HSE manhours and others as required.
- Preparation and analysis of annual Budget, Mid-Year Forecast and monthly Rolling Forecasts for collection of contracts in conjunction with Contract Managers and Commercial teams.
- Clear and concise variance analysis on forecasts, tracking reasons for movement in Revenue / Gross Margin compared to budget/latest forecast. Maintenance of a risks/opportunities schedule to support latest forecast.
- Presentation of monthly results to Contract Manager / Finance Business Partner.
- Review and act on findings from labour/non-labour reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure corrective actions can be taken in a timely manner.
- Review and challenge aged unbilled reports and support contracts to rectify any issues.
- Responsible for identifying and highlighting opportunities for continuous improvement within the contracts and sharing of best practice within the function
- Liaising with external, internal and client auditors
- Ensure compliance with all Wood policies including accounting, credit risk and code of conduct.
- Execution of various ad hoc tasks as and when requested by Finance Lead, Contract Managers or Finance Business Partners.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Recognised accounting qualification or part qualified and actively studying towards professional qualification (ACCA / CIMA etc).
- Will also consider those qualified by experience.
- Relevant accounting experience
- Proficient user of Excel
- Good commercial knowledge and understanding of contract commercials to appreciate rate build-ups and recovery of costs to ensure maximisation of cash position
- Competent at using ERP/ forecasting systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for effective report writing and to support communication of financial information to non-finance people.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to liaise with people on the contract; be seen as a trusted business partner within the organisation
- Ability to discuss issues clearly and concisely at all levels within the organisation
- Customer focussed - internally and externally
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise tasks
- Must be able to meet deadlines every time without compromising accuracy
- Attention to detail is critical
- Must be adept at working as part of a team as well as have the ability to manage own workloads
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.