J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Water, Power, Natural Resources, and Construction & Property.
Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as 'One Murphy' by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
There's more to Murphy.
M&E - CRE Construction
Murphy group are interested in hearing from experienced candidates to join our design & build renewals framework. The CRE Construction will play a pivotal role in the successful development and implementation of a portfolio of M&E works associated with Projects being delivered to Network Rail . During the development stages you will work with design consultancies to ensure the design can be built efficiently and safely. During the implementation phases you will oversee the engineering, ensuring the works are built right first time in accordance with the Approved for Construction Design and in compliance with relevant BS and NR standards. Your time will be split between the office and site.
Murphy are well renowned as a leading contractor within rail industry, working on projects throughout the UK. Murphy have a well-established team delivering railway stations and buildings projects for Network Rail under their CP6 renewals framework. Projects vary in value and complexity and include Access-for-All schemes, platform works, station refurbishments and maintenance depots. Projects are located between Birmingham and London with flexibility to work from any of our regional offices or the project site office.
What you will be doing
* Regular liaison with designer's to ensure designs are efficient and safe to build
* Regular contact with the client to progressively assure designs, including participation in IDC/IDRs
* Review submissions for quality, sufficiency and adherence to relevant standards.
* Approval of detailed construction methodologies produced by the project teams e.g. WPP / TBS / RA's
* Approval of inspection and test plans produced by the project teams
* Assist team members CEM / QS / PM as required with engineering input
* Attend site as required to liaise with Site Managers and Engineers
* Excellent interpersonal skills and assertive when required to ensure timeous delivery
* Ensure Quality benchmarks are maintained at a high standard
Who we are looking for
* BEng or MEng
* Electrical Engineer with membership of professional institute (IET)
* Strong experience working on railway station projects, including AFAs and multi-disciplinary station refurbishments.
* In depth knowledge of NR/L2/RSE/02009 and NR/L2/CIV/003, BS7671 and relevant NR Standards
* Previous CRE Construction approved or experience at similar level in another sector
* Experience managing design development
* Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Excel and other design based software such as AutoCad