J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Water, Power, Natural Resources, and Construction & Property.
Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as 'One Murphy' by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
There's more to Murphy.
Site Engineer - London
Are you a Site Engineer looking to work for the UK's 3rd best Big Company to work for on an esteemed project with continued development, variety and interesting scope of works where you will be challenged? If so then J.Murphy & Sons want to hear from you regarding a new role for a Site Engineer to work with our team at Liverpool Street Station.
.As the Site Engineer you will provide a cost conscious and safe engineering service to a Project.
What you will be doing
* Accurate setting out of the works and dimensional control.
* Resolving technical problems at all levels.
* Carry out inspections in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan in a timely manner.
* The production of survey information and red - lined drawings for the completion of the As-built records.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHES department.
* Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date and suitable checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers' defined requirements.
* Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the Contract requirements using the appropriate procedures.
* Co-ordination and supervision of Sub-contractors in the performance of the Works.
* Informing senior management of any non-conformances or poor workmanship.
* Ensure all site personnel have clear, accurate and appropriate information to carry out their duties.
* Minimises environmental disturbance during construction works.
* Supervises the outputs and confirms that the project environmental requirements are met.
* Ensure that only the latest issue drawings and documents are being used.
* Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer's recommendations current working practice, contract specification or project requirements.
* Assist the Site Management team to update KPI's, material reconciliation and progress reports
Who we are looking for
* Degree qualified or similar
* Experience of working on Major rail projects in a heavy civils capacity
* Highly competent in surveying and setting out techniques
* CSCS Card (relevant type)
* Full clean UK driving license