Advanced Nurse Practitioner - ANP - near Feltham - £50160 + £3453 London weighting
You will have the opportunity not only to utilise your current Nursing skills whilst providing the best possible care to your patients but you will also have the opportunity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team across the prison setting promoting a holistic approach to treatment offered to patients in your care.
You will be a role model for the nursing staff team and lead by example. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop others by means of clinical supervision, training and development.
The following are the core responsibilities of the Advanced Nurse Practitioner:
* Assist with the prescribing practices and support of the NMP clinicians within the services.
* Develop, implement and embed health promotion and well-being programmes.
* Assist the nursing team to manage patients presenting with a range of acute and chronic medical conditions, providing subject matter expert advice to patients
* Implement and evaluate individual specialized treatment plans for chronic disease patients
* Identify, manage and support patients as risk of developing long-term conditions, preventing adverse effects on the patient's health
* Provide advanced, specialist nursing care to patients as required in accordance with clinical based evidence, NICE and the NSF
* Deliver medicines management and enhance safe prescribing in the custodial environment
* Provide specialist clinics.
The Ideal Candidate
* Valid NMC registration
* Excellent leadership skills
* Commitment to the delivery of high-quality services
* 5 years qualified experience as a registered general nurse
* Post graduate diploma or Qualified Modular Equivalence
* Qualified Triage Nurse
* Minor Illness qualification
* Ability to work within own scope of practice and understanding when to refer to GPs
* Understands the requirement for PGDs and associated policy
* Understands the importance of evidence-based practice
* Requesting pathology tests and processing the results, advising patients accordingly
* Experience of prescribing and undertaking medication reviews
Apply online today for further information :)