Geography Teacher - Coventry - September
* Start date - September
* Contract - Full time, Temp to Perm
* Salary - Main Pay Scale (M1-U3)
* Location - Coventry
Twenty 4 Seven Education have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, dedicated and qualified Geography Teacher to work within a Secondary School in Coventry. This full time role is to start September on temp to perm contract. A Head of Department role is also have for the right candidate.
** ECTs are welcome to apply **
Staff at this 'Good' Ofsted rated Secondary School work incredibly hard to provide a safe and happy learning environment for every young person so that they can develop a love of learning as they prepare for an active working life. They want to provide every opportunity for students to develop their talents. The core aim of their school is to provide every pupil with an outstanding academic and pastoral education which will allow all pupils to acquire the skills needed to guide them through the challenges that they will face during their school life and beyond.
Your new role:
You will need to provide engaging Geography lessons across the key stages. A high-quality geography education should inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. Teaching should equip pupils with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with a deep understanding of the Earth's key physical and human processes.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS)
* This role is also suitable for ECTs looking for a supportive School to complete their induction year
* Have good Geography subject knowledge and experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 in a UK school setting (KS5 is advantageous but not essential)
* Be able to plan and deliver thought provoking lessons
* Monitor and assess pupils effectively to ensure pupil progress
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Opportunities to progress in your career
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now.'
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
If this position isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office and ask for Katie/Charlie for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available