Bring your python experience to their growing team - a great opportunity to further your career and set standards of excellence in an exciting deep tech software company that is in its early growth phase.
Develop your experience of working with a range of technologies to deliver regular, high-quality releases to their world-class customers, helping them to solve critical problems in discovery and development.
This is a Full-time role, with flexible work in a deep tech start-up environment. It's a hybrid role, so ideally 3 days per week on-site and two days from home.
My client is an exciting deep-tech software company that is in its early growth phase, meaning this is a great opportunity to accelerate your career and see real results from your ML expertise.
About the role
Background: Their unique machine learning technology, is a Docker-based system that is deployed via Kubernetes using Helm charts. The primary installation runs on GKE, however, they run dedicated customer environments that need support. At the heart of the deployment is a Flask-based server defined using the OpenAPI and built from a number of core python modules.
Their stack also includes PostgreSQL, NFS, Redis, Keycloak, NGINX, Sanic and Opensearch. Their frontend is built using Typescript with React and GraphQL.
What you will do:
Work with their head of platform and the rest of their development teams to deliver the software, and underlying algorithms, in a robust, scalable, and secure manner.
You will be expected to implement new features in python, optimise existing code, bring new ideas and help manage the existing infrastructure.
What makes you their next Python developer?
• Experience in server-side application development with Python and best development practices - ideally using Flask and pytest
• Exposure to databases and query optimization - ideally Elasticsearch/OpenSearch
• You are highly self-motivated and technically strong
• GitHub profile
• Minimum Bachelors 2:1 degree in computer science, engineering, science, or Mathematics
Nice to have experience with, but definitely not essential:
Typescript and the React framework
Docker images, Kubernetes and Helm
What can my client offer you?
• A competitive financial package - salary plus share options
• A collaborative, fast-paced work environment with neither red tape nor bureaucracy
• Flexible working arrangements
• Scope for significant career development as an early team member
• Support and resources to develop your skills and succeed in the role