Citrix Project Engineer
My client is upgrading their Citrix environment and require an experienced Engineer to undertake this project over an anticipated 6 month period.
Key elements in identifying a suitable Engineer are as follows:-
▪ Experience of supporting medium sized IT infrastructure
▪ Experience of implementing, maintaining, and managing Citrix (Virtual Apps and Desktops), specifically VDI environments and associated technologies. My client is currently running Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 (2112) - the current Release.
▪ Assist with the Citrix VDI migration project. This entails the migration from Citrix published applications, to a virtual desktop environment. Including the re-provisioning of required applications etc.
▪ Support/handover to local IT teams as part of the VDI migration
▪ Support the monthly Citrix maintenance processes/patching/upgrades
▪ Assist with the delivery of a Profile Management solution. Catering for seamless integration between Citrix and laptop environments
▪ Thorough understanding of Windows Server technologies (Windows 2016/2019)
▪ Strong knowledge of supporting Microsoft Active Directory and associated technologies (e.g. Group policy, DNS, DHCP, File/Print etc.)
▪ Experience of following DevOps technologies/practices
▪ Experience of scripting, preferably PowerShell
▪ Ability to interact with all levels of business and IT stakeholder