COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is a world class, award winning, long established and growing manufacturing business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant. Due to continued growth, they are recruiting an electrically Biased Maintenance Technician.
Reporting to the Engineering and Maintenance Manager, through the Maintenance Supervisors. The Electrical Maintenance Technician will work as part of an established shift team, maintaining all plant & equipment and helping to ensure that Health, Safety, Quality, Environmental, Energy and Production requirements are met.
This is an exciting opportunity and applications will be welcome from either experienced maintenance technicians or qualified, but less experienced technicians/engineers seeking career development opportunity.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support production activities to minimise equipment breakdown and optimize production efficiencies
* Proactively maintain plant and equipment to achieve optimum plant and process capability
* Undertake preventative & predictive maintenance tasks as defined and to the agreed schedule
* Support in the maintenance of building and plant services
* Ensure all work is recorded on the CMMS system including details of task, any spares used and time taken.
* Assist the Engineers with equipment design and operation modifications
* Review the PMs being carried out and suggest improvements to the system.
* Demonstrate a positive attitude to Process Improvement and work with others to identify and address / participate in continuous improvement opportunities / Suggest and carry out project work as require
* Practice good housekeeping and maintain 5S standards
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Qualified to a minimum of ONC Level or similar in Engineering - Time served/apprenticed)
* HND/HNC would be advantageous, but not essential
* Multi skilled with an electrical bias
* 17th or 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
* PLC hardware maintenance and software fault finding
* Frequency drives, AC & DC motor and control systems
* Hydraulic and pneumatic equipment / Temperature control systems
* Ability to work unsupervised under own initiative / Able to work effectively to deadlines / Self-motivated and enthusiastic / Available for overtime as required for the needs of the business / IT literate / Competent with All Microsoft software.
* Forklift, Height Access and Lifting Equipment / Hands-on mechanical ability
* PLC (Allen Bradley) / Knowledge of HMI devices / Boilers / Steam management / Chillers
* Weight measurement equipment (load cells) / Extrusion, Injection Moulding Processes
* Polymers, Powder Mixing / Blending Processes / Solvent Recovery Processes
* Total Preventative and Pro-active Maintenance Systems / 5S, Kaizan and Lean Manufacturing Techniques / Standard Operations
Details of Packages:
2 shift position (12 hrs) - (Working approx. 7 out of every 14 days) - Hours 06.30 - 18.30, 18.30 - 06.30 (2 WKS Days / 2 WKS Nights
£38,000 to £44,000 PA (Depending on Experience) + Bonus + Benefits + OT + Life assurance