Talent365's customer is a start up organisation that has developed a game changing product in the scientific instrumentation sector. Their innovative and cutting edge solution will transform the way that customers in a variety of industries carry out essential tasks.
Our customer has secured significant investment funding and has also been highly successful in creating a strong order book for their solution. The company has ambitious growth plans and is now looking to recruit for a number of key positions to help them achieve their targets.
What you'll be doing:
* Assist in full product life-cycle management of chemical analysis instrumentation including requirements capture, concept development, prototyping and design for manufacture.
* Technical and engineering analysis and design of novel concepts, components and mechanisms for mechanical, electro-mechanical and optical products.
* Exploration of product aesthetics, usability and ergonomics.
* Support of product safety testing and performance qualification to achieve agency approvals and CE/UKCA marking.
* Liaison with a broad range of component suppliers and third-party manufacturers.
* Generation and control of formal design documentation.
* Working closely with internal and external partners in respect of embedded electronics, firmware and software development to ensure product quality, timescales and cost targets are met.
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
* Experience in a hands-on technical role taking products from concept to manufacture.
* Minimum of 1 years' experience at a product or project management level taking responsibility for new product development.
* Good understanding of systems development lifecycle.
* Experience of capturing and documenting User Requirements and translating these into Functional Requirements.
* Experience of developing electro-mechanical Systems Architecture, ideally for a measurement instrumentation system.
* Experience of designing to relevant product directives and standards.
* Experience of using mathematical modelling and FEA tools (e.g. SolidWorks or Inventor).
* Skilled in systems and component design for manufacture using solid modelling CAD systems.
* Exposure to designing for a range of manufacture techniques including rapid prototyping, additive manufacture, plastics machining, and molding, machined and sheet metal components.
* Experience of aesthetic design, user interface design, human factors would be an advantage.
* Experienced with working to ISO standards for design control and documentation.
* Experience of technical construction file development and supporting product approvals testing for CE marking.
* Experience of supporting transfer to manufacture.
* Practical engineering skills in a workshop (e.g., use of 3D printer, laser cutter, prototyping drill/lathe/mill, hand tools)