Join Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) as a Communications Insight, Planning and Evaluation Manager
Does data drive you? Do you like tracking trends, and leading them? We're searching for an insight driven, communications professional to be our new Communications Insight, Planning and Evaluation Manager.
A curious mind, and an ability to organise and rationalise information to help others see the bigger picture, is essential.
We're one of the biggest employers in Bristol, and an integral part of the MOD. As part of our team, you'll liaise with senior stakeholders across DE&S, the UK's Armed Forces, Whitehall, and the world's defence industry to coordinate both external and internal communications activity.
In this role, you'll coordinate data to report and provide information delivered via various media channels and communication platforms. Building strong working relationships across our organisation, you'll horizon scan, forecasting and identifying key opportunities and risks for DE&S and our people. You'll provide advice and guidance about how these can be best handled and communicated in accordance with other defence or government events, to gain the greatest reach and have the most effective impact.
Working across internal and external communications will be a key part of this role, bringing plans together that look out up to 12 months ahead.
You will devise a consistent approach to analysing, evaluating, and consolidating data for reports and insights, including segmenting audiences. Your findings will be effectively communicated to senior stakeholders, using insights to drive improved future communications and help the business.
You'll be helping to coordinate communications on some of Government's most complex and interesting programmes and engage with a workforce of more than 11,000 people. So if you have big ambitions and you're looking for a new opportunity working within a fascinating environment, you'll find yourself in good company at DE&S.Responsibilities
As the Communications Insight, Planning and Evaluation Manager, you'll be entrusted with:
What you will be assessed against
- Leading, advising and delivering on communication plans, including our communications strategy, that link to the strategic themes of DE&S and to wider Government communications objectives
- Producing insight reports, taking a lead role in the development of evaluation that provides vital information to the direction of communications and business insight for the organisation
- Engaging with senior external and internal stakeholders across the business to ensure communications is aware of all upcoming risks and opportunities
- Providing advice on timing of communications for maximum impact and effectiveness
- Identifying effective communication channels and using best practice evaluation tools to measure effectiveness across traditional, social and digital channels.
- Identifying and reporting on risk to reputation
To be successful with your application, you'll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
• Ability to plan and deliver to multiple deadlines and adapt to changing demands
• Experience in managing and influencing people including internal and external stakeholders
• Experience in communications planning, evaluation, and insight
• Proven ability to follow a systematic planning approach including reporting performance against objectives
• Understanding of best practice in using communications insights to deliver best outcomes
• Current understanding of relevant technology and media evaluation and insight tools used e.g Brandwatch
Even better, it will benefit your application if you can demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Experience of working in a PR Agency or communications team within an organisation
- Experience of operating across traditional media and digital media
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
What's in it for you?
- Press and media
- Campaigns and marketing
- Seeing the big picture
- Managing a quality service
Our careers offer stability, training, progression - and much more! Discover more about what we offer in our Little Book of Big Benefits.
We're exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. To help us do this, we particularly welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people and people from LGBT communities.Visit our website to find out more about our work and apply