WDP are recruiting for Band 7 Nurse to support our Substance Misuse work in Cheshire.Nurse - NMP Non-Medical Prescriber (Community Substance Misuse)
Would you like to work with a motivated and well-established team to deliver key healthcare interventions in the delivery of health and wellbeing service provision, for those with drug and alcohol support needs?About the role
This is a new role to our Chester service; we are looking for a dynamic and committed individual to join our New Beginnings service in Cheshire West and Chester.
This important and rewarding role will provide you with significant scope for learning and to contribute to the recovery of service users, within a supportive and friendly multidisciplinary team of clinical and non-clinical professionals.
You will not need to be an expert in substance misuse interventions (though this would be an advantage), however an excellent track record in the nursing field is essential.In the role you will:
- Conduct a range of healthcare assessments - working with colleagues to use these to plan service users care,
- Support community detoxification, Opiate detoxification and titration in the community and refer for specialist inpatient services including liaising with hospital and inpatient unit staff,
- Deliver general healthcare activity, including Wound Care, ECGs, and other similar activity,
- Undertake basic life support/ anaphylaxis training so you are confident and competent to manage a medical emergency including the administration of emergency drugs.
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the service user in complex, urgent or emergency situations seeking immediate advice and direction from the Clinical Lead if needed.
- Assess, identify, and refer patients presenting with mental health needs
- Assess and refer service users for BBV vaccination and immunisation programmes. Support service users to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles.
To see the generous range of benefits we offer at WDP including 30 days annual leave for all new starters, our health and wellbeing initiatives, financial perks and development opportunities - visit our Benefits Package and to find out more about WDP visit the website.The closing date for applications is 28th June 2022 at midnight.
We only accept applications via our website using our application form, sorry we don't accept CVs. For guidance on how to complete the application visit the website. Please submit your application as soon as possible as we may close adverts at any time if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
WDP welcomes enquiries from everyone and we value diversity in our workplace. Our commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. We offer an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for our jobs, please confirm in the personal statement part of our application form that you are applying under this scheme.
Appointment to all WDP posts are subject to satisfactory completion of our safeguarding checks including DBS and we follow safer recruiting principles.