Research Engagement AssistantSpringer NatureLondon, Kings Cross (Hybrid Working)Closing Date: 27th June 2022
The Communities & Engagement team at Springer Nature uses online engagement, including online communities, blogs, and social media channels, to showcase the latest research and strengthen our relationships with our authors and the wider research community. We have a successful portfolio of engagement channels, publishing more than 2500 original blog posts each year through the Research and Editorial Communities. Our Nature Portfolio and Springer Nature Communities receive more than 1.6 million page views annually and our Nature Portfolio Instagram account has more than 175k followers.
The Research Engagement Assistant will be responsible for supporting continuation and growth of the highly successful online engagement platforms and channels at Springer Nature, with a heavy focus on the Nature Portfolio and Springer Nature Communities. You will be responsible for managing and delivering a wide variety of new and regular activities that aim to ensure effective functioning of the platforms and building relationships with research teams around the world, facilitating their engagement with Springer Nature and effective sharing of the latest research with diverse audiences.Responsibilities
Experience, skills and qualifications Essential
- Monitoring and responding to queries and requests from authors and research teams; providing guidance and support to ensure they are able to engage with the Communities and share their research in accessible and engaging formats, such as the Behind the Paper posts.
- Being an external contact and representative of the Communities and Engagement team, and Springer Nature; building and maintaining relationships with authors, editors and the wider research community around the world.
- Internal communications - being a contact for teams across Springer Nature who are engaged with the Communities; representing the team, raising the profile of the Communities, providing support and signposting to relevant resources and team members as appropriate.
- Reviewing Community content, including comments on the Communities and on social media, taking action where appropriate to enforce our Community and social media policies, and regularly revising these guidelines to stay abreast of new developments.
- Championing engagement - driving and delivering various activities with the aim of encouraging engagement and conversation across the Communities through regular activity and interaction with authors and Community members.
- Measuring analytics and trends - regularly reporting on KPIs for the Communities and Engagement team, and delivering regular surveys to measure author engagement and satisfaction to help shape the continuation and growth of the Communities. Regularly feeding these insights into wider team discussions and planning.
- University degree, preferably in science, or a similar qualification
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Fluent in business level English
- An up-to-date understanding and interest in online communities, blogs, and social media
- An up-to-date understanding and interest in science and research
- A demonstrable understanding of the scientific research or publishing landscape around the world.
- Experience sharing research in accessible and engaging formats with different audiences
- Confidence in communicating and engaging with stakeholders at various levels of seniority, including researchers, editors, and other partners, in a professional manner
- Ability to be a self-starter, taking ownership of tasks and accomplishing them independently
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly with other members of the team
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects confidently and in agreed timeline
- Experience of project management
- Experience working with online content, communities, or blog platforms
- Experience working with both organisational and research teams
- Experience of working with different and diverse teams and stakeholder's teams on a global scale to deliver activity aligned to personal objectives
- Experience working with global teams
Further information about life at Springer Nature and the range of benefits available which you can tailor to meet your needs will be shared during the interview process.
To apply: please submit your CV and covering letter, expressing interest in the role and your salary expectations.