Retail Area Manager East Midlands (This role covers areas across Ashbourne, Derby, Nottingham, Louth)Candidates must be based within 20 miles of the boundary of the patch Full time, Permanent, 35 hours a weekSalary: £31,000 - £41,000 Per Annum Plus car / Car allowance Closing Date: Friday 1st July 2022We will be interviewing throughout the process, please apply ASAP to be considered.
We're looking for an experienced Area Manager to join our retail team to maximise area sales and profits for the region. We need a retailer with exceptional drive, commercial ability, motivation and a proven success within high street retail, passionate about fashion.What will I be doing?
We need an excellent retailer to...
Why this role?
- Achieve agreed area sales budgets and maximise our retail profit through effective cost control
- Recruit, develop and retain high calibre staff in all positions within the area to drive performance
- Analyse financial data to make informed commercial decisions
- Maintain a standard of excellent customer service and supporter care
- Generate quality donated goods through area driven initiatives
- Engage with our wider communities strategy to ensure our shops are at the heart of the community
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person, and our 1,700 retail staff and 18,000 volunteers work relentlessly every day towards this goal. Trading and Operations is looking to significantly increase its monetary contribution to the Charity by 2020, therefore we need someone that will add strategic value and quickly make an impact in each new area that they work whilst having the confidence to take risks. You'll have the autonomy to run your portfolio of shops like your own business, and no two days will be the same.What are we looking for? To join us in this fast-paced role you will need to have...
What's in it for me?
- Outstanding track record in achieving sales & profit targets within area management
- Excellent understanding of high street retail ,in particular fashion, and what sells
- Experience of distance management of a diverse team of people
- Flexible and proactive attitude with the ability to adapt and implement change
- Strong short/long term strategic planning skills with the ability to time manage and prioritise successfully
- 25 days annual leave a year plus public holidays
- Company car or car allowance (dependent on location)
- A tailored Area Manager induction and training programme
- A range of generous rewards and benefits via our Rewards platform