Senior QA Engineer Location:
Stratford based (with high flexibility, office-based 1-2 days per week)Contract
£45,000 - £50,000 per annumApplication Deadline:
23:55 on 15th of July. Please do not delay applying as we will be shortlisting on application.Application process
: In our commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion, we operate an anonymized shortlisting process. Please ensure you complete the work history section of the application form and answered all application questions. CVs are required for all applications; however, they will not be reviewed until interview stage. Are you a QA engineer who enjoys developing high-quality products? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to play a valuable role in the UK's largest Cancer Research charity's strategy.
It's an exciting time to join the Technology team at Cancer Research UK (CRUK), our teams are now aligned to product portfolios ensuring we can deliver the best digital products and solutions to enable our pioneering work on how to prevent, diagnose, and treat cancer.
The Quality Assurance Team's mission is to drive quality into all software products produced by/or on behalf of CRUK. The team is striving to enhance testing services throughout the project lifecycle and ultimately improve the quality of products we deliver to our customers.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be involved in the whole Software Development Lifecycle process from initial planning to execution and monitoring. You'll be working closely with Product teams and end-users to ensure systems are operating effectively and safely by designing, developing, and maintaining test automation frameworks. You'll also support the QA team in moving away from manual testing to automated processes whilst supporting the development of our QA Engineers.
Make a difference every day by...
What we're looking for:
- Heavily involved in the whole Software Development Lifecycle process from initial planning to execution and monitoring.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining test automation frameworks to efficiently catch bugs and ensure core sites are running smoothly.
- Assist Technology in improving the quality of products whilst pushing shift left forward in the lifecycle.
- Being an advocate for quality and encouraging developers at all levels to write high-quality, testable software.
- Helping on our journey to CI/CD.
- Managing the release process and enabling us to release on demand.
- Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines.
- Interpret and report testing results in every phase of the development process.
- Understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented.
- Evaluate and integrate open source and in-house developed toolsets.
- Provide guidance and assistance on functional and non-functional testing.
- Support in moving away from manual testing to automated processes.
- Ambassador for TDD, BDD, and ATDD models.
- Coach and mentor Junior QA Engineers.
What will I gain?
- Working experience in REST API, Web GUI, and cross-browser testing. Tools we like: Cypress, Pact, Postman (equivalent tools/frameworks valid).
- Practical knowledge of non-functional testing types such as accessibility, performance, and security testing
- Skilled in the design of acceptance tests.
- Passion for exploratory testing.
- Initiative to evolve ideas and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of Agile and Lean ways of working.
Without you, we wouldn't be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So, we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes:
- Flexible working - office-based 1 or 2 days a week
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 1 CRUK day (option to buy up to 5 days per annum).
- Stratford Olympic Park location (Less than 10-minute walk to National Rail, Jubilee, Central, and Elizabeth lines; Westfield Shopping Centre, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Gym...)
- Pension (employer contributions up to 10%).
- Life insurance.
- Brilliant learning and development opportunities.
- Discounts - Westfield Shopping Centre, travel, technology, gym memberships, and much more...
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save and extend lives- apply here!