About the team
The Automation team within Tech Connect supports teams across the PwC UK firm by developing automation assets which can vary from entire solutions for business processes to custom built libraries, frameworks, management/monitoring tools that enable teams to self-serve and build automations themselves with a low entry skill level.
The team is at the heart of the Automation community within the firm and provides support and guidance to other technology teams both in the UK and across the wider PwC network.
About the role
The RPA Developer will be responsible for
- Collaborating with the Business Analysts / Product Managers to evaluate processes and make recommendations with regard to their potential and suitability for automation
- Create and maintain relevant technical documentation
- Design and develop RPA solutions in line with best practices and standards put forth by the Development Lead
- Apply the practices and principles of Agile and Continuous Improvement to maximise business value and customer experience
- Lead the investigation and detailed analysis of RPA incidents and process exceptions including a strategic approach to root cause analysis (primarily during Hypercare period)
- Identifying opportunities for development of reusable components / custom libraries to enable rapid development and support standardisation
- Being aware of the risk and security factors that need to be considered when designing and developing solutions
- Collaborating with other developers to innovate within the automation space
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of automation technologies
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind
- Highly motivated and resilient, and able to adapt to change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrable record of presenting technical details to a non-technical audience
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone who:
Not the role for you?
- Has a problem solving mindset
- Has an understanding of Agile
- Has a keen interest in technology innovation
- Ideally someone with a development background, but not essential
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.