Be it support with regulation, risk or compliance, Operate delivers. Human-led and tech-powered, it is the backbone of PwC's unique approach to operational delivery - Execution Managed Services. Harnessing the power of tech and data, we work with some of the most recognisable organisations worldwide, wherever they need us to be. We deliver sustained outcomes through our managed solutions, as well as transforming and running complex operational processes that often create challenges or hinder client progress. Underpinning all of this is our commitment to ensuring our people are equipped with tomorrow's skills to drive success for our clients today.The role
PwC and Invest NI have invested £40M in a new Advanced Research and Engineering Centre (ARC) based in our brand new state of the art office in Belfast. Our team of software specialists collaborate with business experts and academics to design, develop and launch products to support the Operate business. We are building a suite of connected and intelligent capabilities, adopting new and emerging technologies, and using the latest Agile and DevOps approaches to maximise our effectiveness. We now have the opportunity for a Software Architect to join our team working on greenfield projects. You will be joining our inclusive team that brings together diverse perspectives, making this a great place to innovate, have fun and to grow.
We are looking for a Software Architect who will design and develop our software architecture to deliver a platform of reusable digital capabilities. As the Software Architect you will partner with our Cloud Architect and consult with other technical experts across the business. Your blueprints will be used by our Solutions Architects and Lead Developers to design and build the platform and products to meet the needs of our business.
Skills and experience
- Design and build the software architectural blueprints for the ARC platform and related projects.
- Bring your knowledge of leading edge technologies to design a platform that is flexible, secure and robust.
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders including Business sponsors, Product Managers and other Technologists to deliver our vision, securing their endorsement.
- Work collaboratively with the Cloud Architect to ensure all key architectural elements are addressed, such as software, security, data, environments, and alignment to PwC policy.
- Consult with Solution Architects and Lead Developers as they implement your blueprints.
- Innovate whilst selecting the best tools and emerging technologies.
- Support the department leads to set the strategy, grow the team and manage the software factory operation.
Not the role for you?
- Experience as a Software Architect or similar.
- Deep understanding of a variety of technologies, platforms and architectural best practice.
- Evidence of architecting quality software products.
- Good understanding of emerging technologies.
- Relevant coding experience is beneficial - C#, .NET Framework, Python, Angular, MicroServices, Cloud Capabilities
- Mentoring and coaching experience.
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.The skills we look for
In addition to our global framework, the PwC Professional, there are a number of key Operate behaviours you'll be evaluated against during our assessment process. You can read about these here.The Deal
'The Deal', our firmwide Employee Value Proposition' empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.Our commitment to you
We're committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.Automated decision making
Some elements of our application process may utilise automated decision making. This will be based on responses on your application form or from your assessment test results. For more information please see our privacy statement.