Have you demonstrated senior leadership in the Accountancy field?
- Can you provide professional oversight on high risk accountancy work or novel cases?
- Would you like to be highly influential in the making of national accountancy related policies and frameworks?
- Do you want to make a big impact in the Charity sector?
Managing a team of up to 15 Accountants, you will work as a leader in your profession, ensuring the delivery of a customer focussed accountancy service to case-working colleagues across the Charity Commission. Your team will deliver high-quality analysis to identify trends, advise on decisions, write reports and quality assure policy. A large part of your role will involve day to day leadership of the Accountancy function, creating a high performing directorate through interventions such as effective performance management, developing key management information and ensuring engagement, team building and development. The role will involve engagement throughout the Commission, including proactive attendance at senior decision-making committees and other meetings with senior stakeholders.
- Provide strong leadership and support to direct reports and their staff to ensure and be accountable for the effective management, timely progression, and successful delivery of the team's work
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in relation to charity accounting issues
- Provide high quality, clear and timely accountancy advice in relation to casework, policy, the analysis of accounts information and other projects or processes across the Directorate and where appropriate advise on or support the selection of proportionate and effective solutions on dedicated tasks.
- Lead in the day-to-day wider management of accountancy work streams- policy advice, case working advice, data analysis, external collaborations on key projects, and liaising with key external
- A CCAB qualified accountant (ICAEW, ICAS, ICAI, ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA membership) or equivalent - with sound technical knowledge and experience probably gained in at least five years of post-qualification experience in charity accounting.
- A strong people manager able to drive a high-performance culture
- Significant experience in managing, coaching and motivating Accountants including managing performance, development and overseeing delivery of work.
- Significant experience delivering high quality analysis, advising on decisions, writing reports and contributing to policy.
- Excellent communication skills, experience of dealing with internal and external stakeholders, working with project delivery teams.
Our purpose is bold and confident and so is our proud commitment to represent the public interest.