MUST BE AVAILABLE TO START END OF AUGUST/BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER 2022
At Smart Energy GB, we aim to engage and communicate with the whole of our diverse nation about the smart meter rollout across England, Scotland, and Wales. We are an independent organisation set up by the government to deliver the national public engagement campaign, raise awareness of smart meters and drive the adoption of this technology in everyone's homes. Smart meters are essential building blocks in the creation of a cleaner, greener energy system for the future.
We are looking for a passionate, collaborative and detail-orientated website manager, with a background in search strategy with a focus on search engine optimisation (SEO) and experience in online content management systems and analytics software, to join the team in our London office on a 12-month contract.
Your task will be to oversee the Smart Energy GB website and its content to ensure it provides a seamless journey for our campaigns, directing the audience to relevant journeys within energy supplier websites to book a smart meter installation, as well as providing journeys for those looking for information about smart meters. You will also oversee the relationship with our build partner and manage a six-figure annual development budget, which you will use to create and deliver the annual development road map.Key tasks/responsibilities
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Lead on creating our website content strategy. Ensure new content generated is appropriate for publishing, including writing accessible website content and proofreading content from junior team members
- Work collaboratively with our media agency and Search Manager to review combined SEO and PPC delivery, generate new keywords and ad copy, and review ongoing performance
- Lead our development agency to deliver the annual development road map for the website, including large-scale developments. You will plan and manage all the development cycles, prioritising work, ensuring it is brought in on time and on budget and that our high standards of design and UX are maintained, as well as our AA accessibility compliance rating
- Manage our UX programme across A/B testing and personalisation using appropriate tools like Google Optimise to ensure the user experience is a priority in web development
- Be the primary point of contact for our development agency, including acting as the internal point of contact for SEGB teams wishing to commission new development
- Manage the reporting framework that measures the effectiveness of the website and search, including regular reporting to internal senior stakeholders
- Lead the technical side of web tracking and development, including taking ownership of the tagging of our site and ongoing technical development
- Project manage the direct response campaign for the organisation and deliver timely reports of its performance through tracking of the onsite conversion it generates
- Develop web content, often in partnership with internal Smart Energy GB teams and our creative agencies, ensuring content is optimised for SEO and brand guidelines are met
- Manage the training of internal teams to use the content management system (CMS) and individual sections of the website
- Line management of the Digital Assistant, with responsibility for their continuous development
- Proven experience with online content management systems and analytics software, as well as campaign management and personalisation tools
- Able to develop copy and multimedia content for digital channels that adheres to our tone of voice, brand guidelines, and accessibility standards and is optimised for SEO
- Background in Search strategy, with a focus on SEO
- Demonstrable experience the using Google Analytics (preferably GA4), Google Tag Manager and CMS systems
- Experience in personalisation and A/B testing of website content and functionality
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- A team player with a supportive approach to colleagues, and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams and external agencies
- Experience in digital project management, demonstrating the ability to independently manage multiple priorities, and work flexibly across channels
- Experience developing technical briefs for developers
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB
- Appreciate the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work
Smart Energy GB is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We actively encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in the marketing and communications sector. We have identified ethnicity, disability and gender as the key areas we would like to focus our recruitment efforts in. Therefore, we are keen to hear from female applicants, applications that belong to the ethnically diverse backgrounds and from disabled people.
We collect and analyse equal opportunity information to make our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible. Please complete the equal opportunity monitoring form when submitting your application to us - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SEGBRecruitmentEDMonitoringForm2022
We're building a team that is able to understand the needs of and effectively communicate with the whole of our diverse nation. So, if you're applying for a job with us, we'd like to hear how you can help us do this.
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview. If there's anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs please let us know. Our offices have full wheelchair access.To apply for the role
To view the full job description and benefits, please click the apply button to be redirected to our careers page.
Smart Energy GB is an equal opportunity employer and we track equal opportunity data to make our recruitment and selection practices as inclusive as possible. Please could you complete our short form to help us with these practices -https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SEGBRecruitmentEDMonitoringForm2022If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use. An audio/visual version is also available upon request.