Team Leader - Claims
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Team Leader to join the Reading team on a full-time, permanent basis. You will be an integral part of a busy, high-achieving team of claim handlers, delivering outstanding customer service to all customers.
As the Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Location: Reading, Office based
- Salary: Up to £35,000 (depending on experience)
- Job Type: Permanent role
- Working Hours: 25 hours per week with flexitime
- Benefits: Excellent benefits available - full details available upon request!
The successful candidate, will have the following related skills / experience:
- Lead an engage a busy Claims team
- Provide a customer focused service to both internal and external customers and deliver upon promises made whilst exercising exemplary cost control.
- Provide technical input, support, and governance of claims philosophies, reserving and service.
- Oversee day to day work flow management, with Service Level Agreement adherence
- Build and maintain effective Broker relationships
- Manage own small portfolio of claims within limits of authority, preparing those files above authority for referral, making recommendations where necessary.
- Conduct internal audits to monitor adherence to policies and procedures of claims handling as well as assessing the quality of claims servicing.
- Mentor, train, coach, and support less experienced colleagues.
- Receive and make decisions on technical referrals
- Take responsibility for early customer complaint resolution
- Previous insurance experience is essential
- Enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Strong team building and collaboration skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both and cross-function internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise, execute, and exceed personal, team and departmental objectives and goals
- Strong organisational skills