Are you looking for that next step in your Nursing career?Clinical Nurse Leader- Maple WardNorthamptonshire: NorthamptonMedium Secure DivisionFull Time - Long days / nightsSt Andrew's has a culture of supporting individuals in their career and are committed to ensuring people have the skills needed to deliver excellent patient care, achieved through Clinical, personal development and leadership programmesThe Ward
Maple Ward is part of our women's secure Blended Service, providing assessment and stabilisation initially and then progressing patients on to a treatment ward where they remain with us until they are ready for discharge to the community. Our blended service has been part of a national NHS pilot that has successfully transitioned patients straight to the community from our medium secure service.
You will be trained in Trauma Informed Care to join our team and provide excellent care to our patients.
The Medium Secure Mental Health Division provides mental healthcare to adult (including older adults) males and females, across a spectrum of specialist mental disorders: mental illness, personality disorder, borderline or mild learning disability, acquired brain injury, mental disorder and deafness.
We provide care to those who need the relational, physical and procedural security of a medium secure unit, in line with the National Medium Secure Specifications from NHS England (170042S)
We are also providing a Blended Secure Service for Women as part of a national pilot and meeting a draft service specification linked to the main medium secure service specification.
Our overall purpose is to 'relieve suffering, give hope and promote recovery'. Our aim is to help patients recover so they can be treated in lower levels of security and eventually the community.
We do that by providing safe, effective, patient- centred care in line with national standards set by the Quality Network for Forensic Mental Health Services, essential standards from the CQC, and best practice guidance relevant to secure care from the National Institute of Health and Social Care Excellence (NICE).
We follow the Care Programme Approach. Most of our patients will be detained under the Mental Health Act and we aim to meet the principles of the Code of Practice in our care delivery:
Least Restrictive Practice and maximizing Independence
Empowerment and Involvement
Respect and Dignity
Purpose and Effectiveness
Efficiency and Equity
In delivering care, every patient will have a Responsible Clinician who will be a Consultant Psychiatrist, and a Multidisciplinary Team comprised of Nursing, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy and other allied health professionals.
We have numerous programmes and qualifications on offer at St Andrew's and all employees have access to a wide range of Learning & Development courses.
Remaining current in your nursing skill is vital for patient care so we have sector leading In house specialist training including Clinical Skills, RAID, British Sign Language, DBT, CBT and Transform.
We have clear progression pathways as set out in our Nursing Career Map, following a variety of different specialist career paths focussed on:
- Leadership & Management
- Quality & Innovation
- Learning, Education and ResearchWhat we are looking for?We are looking for a confident, passionate individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of the individuals we support.If you would like to be part of working with an innovative and dynamic team and add to our supportive work environment, then this is the place for you! This will be a personally and professionally rewarding role.Our patients and your colleagues will expect you to live the St Andrew's CARE values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence every single day.Main Duties of the RoleYou will lead your team by example and work in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team. There will be a degree of flexibility in shifts allowing direct links with your colleagues across our expert Multi-Disciplinary Teams with the aim of delivering high standards of care through continuity and consistency. You will need to:
- Provide and receive clinical supervision
- Co-ordinate the multi-disciplinary teams to ensure all clinical services provided to the ward function effectively and efficiently to meet individual patient needs
- Ensure ward environment is clean and safe for all staff, patients and visitors at all times
- Act as the Designated Division Shift Co-ordinator (bleep holder) co-ordinating and undertaking seclusion reviews as required
- Use demonstrated expertise to provide vision and effective role modelling to ensure fundamental high standards of clinical care are maintained
- Keep up to date with current topics, policies and innovations in clinical practice and have the ability to translate into practice
- Deputise for the Nurse Manager in their absence or as requiredWe offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
- Life cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications
St Andrew's Healthcare has reviewed its approach to COVID vaccination and our procedure remains that for the safety and wellbeing of our patients and staff, all new starters joining the Charity will be required to provide evidence to our Occupational Health team that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Where there is a medical exemption this will need to be provided as part of the Occupational Health check.