St Andrew's Healthcare is a charity providing specialist mental healthcare services. We work in partnership with a number of NHS, voluntary, educational and research organisations to deliver a range of specialist inpatient and community mental healthcare services, education and research that helps to improve the lives of people with complex mental health needs.The role
Joining a team of developers, analysts and data experts, utilising a modern toolset to deliver insights for the wider charity. The team use agile scrum methodologies and CI/CD processes to improve productivity. The existing environment includes a mature Data warehouse, Integration services projects, SSAS tabular models, a suite of Power BI and Reporting Services reports and an advanced framework that manages all ETL processes.
Current and future projects include: migration of reports to Power BI Service, migration of all CI/CD pipelines to Azure DevOps, migration of data store to the cloud, ongoing delivery of projects and insight for the business.
Your role will be to help us move into the Azure space using best practice and cost effective methods. You must have solid Azure experience including how to deploy source code to an Azure subscription, how to manage Azure costs and how to manage Azure access and security.
- Azure migration - help us move our systems into the cloud.
- End to end business intelligence development. Clarifying requirements, provision data, create ETL processes to model and publish data, design and build of visualisations.
- Data engineering - including projects to improve the performance of the existing framework, migration of work across to new platforms, framework maintenance.
- Dialogue with end users to acquire understanding and support use of products.
- Completion of relevant documentation and capturing evidence of development tests.
- Individual-led learning of new technologies is well supported.
- Various tasks such as support requests, access management, audit and monitoring server performance.Essential skills
- Azure tools - for example: Logic apps, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, Azure Database, Synapse
- Azure DevOps
- Advanced SQL
- Excellent communication
- Motivated and innovative
- Collaborative mindset.Desirable skills
- Microsoft data stack including: SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Dimensional modelling
- Power BI Service Capacity managementAnd in return: We offer an excellent benefits package including 35 days holiday, sickness policy on par with NHS, car lease scheme, free parking, cycle to work scheme, healthcare discount scheme, access to vocational qualifications and much more...
We would love you to apply!