The National Trust is a busy organisation that has a lot going on at all times - you can guarantee that no day is the same so you'll have to love variety. As well as supporting day to day operations, you'll have the chance to support a variety of projects and offer your advice beyond your team. You'll always champion best practice when it comes to business support, and will be confident challenging the norm when you think there's a better way of doing something.
What it's like to work here
This Northumbrian country house is one of the National Trust's more recent acquisitions. Seaton Delaval Hall has recently undergone a real transformation; with £7.8 million invested in conservation and developing the visitor experience, including the new Brewhouse Café and the Delaval Playdium play area. This is a place of theatre, imagination and fun that brings together a spirit of adventurous programming and events, alongside the drama of the place, that keeps visitors coming back again and again. Seaton Delaval Hall continues to go from strength to strength having welcomed 100,000 visitors in the last year, for the first time.
Click here for more information about this location
What you'll be doing
Known for your exceptional organisational skills and your love of delivering first class support, you'll provide a comprehensive administration service to your property or consultancy team. As well as looking after people's diaries and movements, you'll be confident using a variety of IT packages to create reports, keep accurate records, and write timely and accurate internal/external communications. You'll run a tight ship, and will soon be the go to person for your team.Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
Our team love to be busy, and so will you. So to hit the ground running, you will need to be:
- Have clear written and verbal communication skills
- Can easily identify with people's needs
- Experienced with administrative duties, including up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Take pride on delivering excellent customer and administrative service
- Enjoy working as part of a team and flexing your time and focus to support others
- Experience in where you have had to prioritise your own workload
- Advanced IT Skills (Microsoft Office) and ability to use digital/social media and other marketing channels
The National Trust has the motto 'For everyone, for ever' at its heart. We're working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It's important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we're for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you're from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.