MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Salary:
up to £60,000 (doe)Benefits:
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.Software Project Lead - Bristol
We are interested in hiring a Software Project Lead who would love to join us in Bristol as part of a dynamic team to develop and deliver innovative solutions by exploiting a wide portfolio of software technologies.
We are committed to developing careers and skills by supporting our engineers' personal development whilst ensuring that a healthy work/life balance is maintained!What will you need to do
What we're looking for
- Manage customers both internally in Software Engineering (SE) UK and across the wider project, including the Software Requirements Authority and the Head of Weapon System Sub-System.
- Be responsible for managing allocated project budgets and ensuring they are used efficiently
- Maintain and communicate the current project schedule, coordinating with the team to meet delivery milestones
- Work with members of the Group to identify potential improvement opportunities and support their implementation.
- Act as Software Design Authority by ensuring quality standards are met, leading the formal software release process and continuously looking for ways to increase quality, safety and security.
- Collaborate with partners to guide future product line roadmaps
- Control and prioritise project backlogs
- Support the creation of project and release documentation
While the experience listed below will be helpful, if you do not have some of them don't let that stop you from applying!
- A leader who can support and draw the best from their team
- Effective communication, persuasion and conflict resolutions skills
- An organised yet adaptable attitude with a love of problem solving
- Experience of Agile practices such as scrum
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle
- An open minded yet realistic approach to change and improvement
Knowledge of the following are considered a bonus but are not required.
What's in it for you
- C++ / C#
- HMI / UI design
- Mission Planning software
- Windows / Linux OS lockdown
- Automated Testing
- Lean Six Sigma
- You will get to join a passionate, innovative and friendly team who are always looking to improve both themselves and the software they create.
- Both the team and the department as a whole have a strong focus on career development. You will be supported and guided in choosing, and progressing, your chosen career path.
- Opportunities to get involved in improvement initiates including become a Lean Six Sigma Yellowbelt or Greenbelt
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.