Equiniti is a leading provider of technology and solutions for complex and regulated administration and payments. Our technology platforms are used by 70% of the FTSE 100, Government and other large corporates, particularly in banking, insurance and other financial services. We have 1,700 clients, make £160 billion worth of payments through our systems every year, hold records for 70 million shareholders, look after pension schemes for 8 million pension scheme members, and provide services which touch 28 million customers. Over a third of the UK population has dealt with Equiniti at some point during their lives.
Equiniti is a company that has been built with strong values at the very core of our offering. Dealing with some of the most successful companies and government agencies in the UK, excellence, integrity, professionalism, partnership, commercial and innovation are therefore at the heart of everything we do. We employ c.5000 people in the UK, India, Poland and the USBusiness Function
This exciting new role will help with the build of our new mortgage centre in Cardiff for the Homes England servicing function launching in the latter half of 2022.
Based in our Cardiff city centre offices, this role will help build our reconciliations & payments department along with the Reconciliations & Payments Team Leader. The role will then be part of the team once the service has transitioned, dealing with the day to day customer demands.
Initially the role will be involved in testing our systems, making sure the reconciliations & payments processes work correctly for the team and customers and then getting us ready to launch. You will be a founder member of the team and able to help us shape how we do things for the customer and colleagues.
Once the service is live you will be responsible for managing the day to day reconciliations of ledgers, managing incoming and outgoing payments and queries relating to them & generally managing all customer and team queries relating to reconciliations & payments for the wider operationFlexibility :
The role is hybrid meaning there will be a flexibility to work from home. This will be in line with your teams needs and at the discretion of the Operation Manager & business needs. A level of competency will need to be gained and maintained to work from home on a consistent basis.
The Cardiff centre will run on shift rotation Monday to Friday 8am -8pm, Saturday 9am- 1pm and will be closed Sundays and Bank Holidays, however the role will be 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday initially then move to a shift rotation so flexibility will be key.Core Duties/Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Respond to all enquiries, whether received by telephone, in writing, efficiently and in accordance with our payment policies
- Managing all incoming & outgoing payments, ensuring ledgers are up to date, payments reconciled and any other payment duties
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements for payments with particular emphasis on treating customers fairly (TCF). Ensure all work is carried out in line with the applicable regulatory and legislative requirement
- A minimum of 12 months experience, working within payments, financial services, fintech, or mortgages
- An understanding of the regulators involved in financial services
- Experience in communicating effectively
- Confident, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Articulate with the ability to interact with people at all levels
- A fast learner with the ability to acquire knowledge swiftly, work with the knowledge and pass it on as necessary
- Able to overcome objections and conflicts, proposing suitable methods of rectification
- Detail orientated with the ability to work methodically
- Able to prioritise tasks and workload to meet tight deadlines in a frequently changing environment
- Able to work proactively under your own initiative
- Adept at solving problems and possess strong analytical skills
- 28 days + 8 bank holidays. Option to buy more days through salary sacrifice.
- A cash payment annually towards flexible benefits, e.g., dental insurance, gym membership, the above extra holiday etc.
- x4 Life Assurance.
- Company sick pay (2 months full pay, 2 months half, following probation).
- Matched pension scheme (e.g., you pay in 6%, EQ pay in 6%), up to 10% each side (20% in total).
- Discounts with major retailers (EQ Wins).
- Maternity or adoption leave of 3 months full pay, with return-to-work bonus / 2 weeks paid paternity leave.