Fire Alarm Engineer - London
Alecto Recruitment Ltd are on the lookout for an experienced Fire Alarm Engineer based around London, who will be covering London, inside the M25 on a range of prestigious clients. Our client are specialists within Fire Protection and Fire Safety industry, and they need an Engineer who has experience servicing or maintaining Fire Alarms, to join their expanding team.
The job involves:
- Carry out routine servicing and maintenance of Fire Alarms and Emergency Lighting in accordance with the relevant standards.
- Plan and organise work schedule to ensure that duties are carried out in an efficient and organised way, whilst delivering a high level of quality customer service.
- Complete all relevant documentation and records, in an accurate and timely manner to the required standards including instructions, timesheets, work reports, service reports, expense claims and vehicle safety checks.
- Take an active part in the call out rota as required, to maintain a reliable and responsive out of hour's service for customers.
- Share technical and problem solving ability skills and knowledge with colleagues an maintain good relationships within the team.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment provided by the company as required and to take care of and request replacement equipment as needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your career but you will need to meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for the role. We expect you to have:
- Autonomous worker who does not require handholding
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable liaising with all site trades and office-based professionals, up to and including director level.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A good level of numeracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills including being competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of various Fire Alarm systems such as Advanced, Kentec, Gent, Morley, C-tec etc are highly advantageous
- FIA Fire Alarm accreditation's highly advantageous (Specifically FIA 1 & 5), but not required
- A positive 'can-do' approach
The ideal candidate will have an interest in technology and be looking to learn and progress their career. Our client provide on going training on and off site.
You Can Look Forward To
- £33,000 - £36,000 basic salary
- Compliance bonus of up to £1,200 per year
- Call out retainer of £1,200 per year
- On call paid at time and a half (Paid door to door)
- A friendly, modern working environment
- On-going training, support and further Fire industry qualifications provided
A company vehicle will be provided, and the candidate must hold a full UK driving license. This opportunity is not to be missed for Fire Engineers who are seeking a new opportunity with excellent prospects and benefits - Apply now!
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Chris Williams, Alecto Recruitment. or call (Extension 209) in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please take a look at www.alectorecruitment.com or follow us on Twitter @alectorecruit