We are looking for someone to oversee our charity shop, including the supervision of volunteers and placement staff, receiving stock, merchandising and maximising income to support our work with young people.
We have a large shop taking in donations of clothing, electrical goods and other items. The shop is not part of a chain and operates solely to raise funds for work with young people in Doncaster; you will be making a direct difference and will have opportunity to increase turnover through engaging more volunteers, donors and customers.
You will need some experience of retail or customer service and will have a good commercial mindset.
If you might be the person we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
- To meet or exceed sales targets.
- To administer and operate within tight expenditure budgets.
- To oversee use of the EPOS (Electronic Point of Sale) system for all transactions.
- To maximise gift aid income and ensure that compliant records are kept.
- To organise online sales, deliveries and collections as required.
- To ensure that stock is correctly received and sorted, including separation of high value items and safe disposal of unsellable goods.
- To price stock at a consistent level in accordance with YMCA Doncaster's price guides and ensure there is adequate flow of stock from stockroom to the shop floor or online outlets.
- To select, train and supervise volunteers and placement staff according to the established processes.
- To achieve and maintain high standards of housekeeping, organisation and cleanliness throughout the shop including the shop floor and stockroom areas.
- To provide regular reports / returns as required.
- To take responsibility for security, including keys and the till.
- To ensure that YMCA Doncaster's Health and Safety arrangements and relevant retail legislation are complied with at all times.
- To maintain a good knowledge of other aspects of YMCA Doncaster and promote those within the shop.
- To liaise with the designated staff member(s) on issues relating to cleaning, PR, marketing and strategy.
- To represent the Association positively in all relationships, both internal and external.
- To work within policies and procedures of YMCA Doncaster, and to contribute to their development.
- Other reasonable duties as required from time to time by the Line Manager.
- Experience of taking responsibility for an area of work, including supervising or instructing others.
- Experience of using an EPOS system, and able to train / guide others.
- An understanding of the issues unique to charity retail.
- Able to attend shifts reliably and on time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to focus on the main goal of maximising income for the charity.
- Able to move furniture or other large items safely.
- Comfortable working with cash and card payments.
- Able to demonstrate adaptability and the ability to learn quickly.
- Experience of working within clear Health and Safety arrangements.
- Able to operate within set procedures.
- Able to represent YMCA Doncaster positively and professionally.