Are you an Occupational Therapy Assistant looking to work for a company that supports, values, and recognises your dedication to delivering great healthcare? If so, this role might be for you.
You will be working 37.5 hours a week at The Copse in Weston-Super-Mare, within the Occupational Therapy department and you will contribute to the assessments, monitoring, evaluation and modification as you assist in the delivery of therapeutic inventions within a 1:1 and group setting.
As an Occupational Therapy Assistant, you will observe service users' behaviour, ability and response to activities, which will see you communicate this to the wider team, where you will keep concise and informative records of sessions and assessments through Carenotes and occupational therapy documents.
Under the supervision of a registered Occupational Therapist, you will be responsible for devising and managing a balanced therapy timetable to support the service user's care plan, this will see you create a one-to-one rapport as you promote, encourage and empower service users to improve their independence and build a brighter future.
A range of CPD and training opportunities are available that can see your career grow and achieve your aspirations.Your responsibilities will include:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Monitoring programme activity and being proactive in ensuring that meaningful therapeutic activity is provided
- Working collaboratively with the Multi-Disciplinary Team members on patient activity
- Contributing to the creation of patient and ward timetables, ensuring that patients have access to therapeutic interventions to meet their recovery needs and are provided with a range of activities to promote healthier lifestyles and skill development
- Providing effective and accurate clinical entries and outcome of activities using electronic records such as timetable outcomes and CAREnotes
- Attending clinical meetings in order to ensure accurate feedback on patient activity
- Liaising with all departments to ensure activities are accessible to all
- Developing patients' programmes as informed by individual patient's needs
- Using creative skills to continually enhance and develop a range of activities
What you will get:
- GCSE/O-Levels (A-C) or a relevant NVQ2
- Previous experience within a relevant healthcare environment and/or similar role
- Knowledge of occupational therapy
- An interest and/or experience in recreational and vocational activities, such as music, art, sports, education and cooking would be advantageous
- Annual salary of £20,000 - £21,387 + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts, special offers and much more. About your next employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Le