Are you a qualified OT looking to develop their career within a therapeutic & recovery focused Mental Health Charity?
£26,425- £41,250 (Band 5 to Band 7 opportunities)
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours) with flexibility
Our Occupational Therapists are highly valued by our patients and by other members of the multi-disciplinary teams in understanding the link between occupation and health, supporting individuals to function as independently as possible by helping them to acquire skills that are necessary for day-to-day living.
What can we offer you:
- Working with a large supportive team, including Technical Instructors and a specialised MDT
- Opportunities to work closely with, and alongside, carers and families.
- DBT skills coaching
- Trauma informed care & Sensory approaches training
- Support from experts in the VdT Model of Creative Ability
- Opportunities to develop your assessment and formulation skills through recovery focused models & treatment principles
- Opportunity to undertake a comprehensive OT Induction package
- Regular supervision from a registered OT
- Continued professional development and access to a range of in-house CPD events
- Potential for progression into a leadership role
- Involvement with the development and training of OT students and colleagues
- Opportunities to gain diverse experience in a specialist clinical field
Our patients and your colleagues will expect you to live the St Andrew's CARE values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence every single day.
You can achieve more at St Andrew's Healthcare
St Andrew's is a unique provider of specialist care in mental health and learning disabilities. We aspire to deliver truly world-class, holistic services within our outstanding, modern facilities. Our independence means we can always put patients' interests at the heart of decision-making while re-investing surpluses in frontline services. We are currently transforming the Charity to deliver 'Value-Based Healthcare. This will ensure our patients consistently get the best possible outcomes and local teams gain more control and responsibility.
St Andrew's Birmingham is a 118 bedded adult mental healthcare facility, located in Stirchley and comprises eight units that cover medium and low security. Six of the wards provide services for Men, the remaining two low secure wards provide services for Women. We are currently transforming the Charity and are introducing Integrated Practice Units (IPU's) as the vehicle to deliver 'Value-Based Healthcare. This will ensure our patients consistently get the best possible outcomes and local teams gain more control and responsibility.
St Andrew's Healthcare has reviewed its approach to COVID vaccination and our procedure remains that for the safety and wellbeing of our patients and staff, all new starters joining the Charity will be required to provide evidence to our Occupational Health team that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Where there is a medical exemption this will need to be provided as part of the Occupational Health check.