Required from 1 September 2022Fantastic opportunity to join a 'Good' school
Ark Putney Academy opened in September 2012 as part of the Ark network in the London Borough of Wandsworth. We are a mixed school with 900 students, ranging from year 7 through to a very successful sixth form. We have a strong ethos, results are excellent and every year we send large numbers of students to some of the best universities, including Oxbridge.
In our 2017 OFSTED inspection we were rated 'Good' in every category.
We're now looking to appoint a dynamic and effective Cover Supervisor to supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers. The role will include giving instructions for the lesson and ensuring good order is maintained and all students are kept on task. You will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life.Our ideal candidate will:
- Communicate, distribute and supervise work that has been set by the teacher
- Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they work to ensure a constructive environment
- Collect any completed work after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher
- Report back to the teacher as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils within the classroom, being aware of and supporting difference, to ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Liaise with heads of department to provide support for the department when cover is not required
- To assist in the evaluation of the impact of covered lessons on pupils and throughout the school
- Be committed to Ark Putney's ethos of high expectations
If you share our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application by 9.00am on Thursday 30 JuneInterviews will take place on Wednesday 6 JulyContract:
Term Time onlySalary:
Ark Support Scale 6: Pay Points 13 - 19, £27,494 - £30,602 full time salary pro rata Actual Salary:
£23,545 for 36 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
A degree is desirable, applicants must have passed
Maths and English GCSE or equivalent at grade C or above/NVQ2 or higher. Start date:
1 September 2022
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. To meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here , but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check .
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.