Xpertise has partnered with one of the most innovative UK-based tech firms that is continuing to grow out its Birmingham tech hub. While the firm currently has over 20 tech hubs worldwide, including the USA, Australia, and Europe, the fledgling Birmingham office continues to add tremendous value to the local area and provides dozens of specialist IT jobs every year. Also, the industry leader holds a Queen's Award for Enterprise for its innovative approach to Enterprise Agile delivery - the highest official accolade a UK business can be awarded. Even though the company works in various sectors, including financial services, retail, and the public sector, you have the flexibility to choose the projects you can work on and where you can diversify and strengthen your skill set and tech stack. So, if you want to learn AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, or even DataOps, then there's a place for you here. I've provided some additional details below:
Platform Engineer (DevOps Engineer)Location:
Birmingham City + days remote within a flexible hybrid modelSalary:
£55-95k depending on experience (they usually offer a salary increase)Benefits:
Unlimited training/certification budget, flexible working arrangements, regular promotions & salary increases, private healthcare, life assurance, brand discounts, secondment opportunities, and more...Future Outlook:
In the long term, you can define your future, whether you want to stay hands-on, embrace architecture, or even lead or manage teams. Our client will make it happen.
Key Qualifications Desired:
- Experience with either Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Experience with Container Management tools, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, AKS/EKS, ECS, ACI
- Automation & Scripting tools, e.g., PowerShell, Python, or Bash
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, ARM, Helm, Bicep, CloudFormation
- Build, deployment & maintenance of CI/CD systems using tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, GitHub Actions, CircleCI, YAML, Azure DevOps
- Configuration management technologies such as Puppet or Ansible
- 2+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar discipline, such as Site Reliability Engineer, Platform Engineer/Developer
The knowledge that will add value upon starting:
- Understanding of central database and caching systems, such as Azure SQL & CosmosDB
- Some experience with programming languages often used in modern web software development, such as C#, Java, Golang
- Familiarity with iterative/agile development techniques and facilitating team delivery through technologies
If you feel you are suitable, please apply for the role with your CV or email/message Billy Hall for a quicker response. Alternatively, if this role isn't quite for you, but you're interested in learning more about other vacancies in DevOps or Software Engineering, feel free to reach out. Just drop me a message and my team and I will help you out.
Xpertise Recruitment acts as an employment agency.