Are you brilliant at thinking outside of the box? Due to Internal promotion my client is looking to recruit a Financial Controller into the team. The role is fast paced in a business that has expanded and is rapidly growing.
The role is ideal for someone looking to learn a multitude of new skills and advance their career. The successful candidate will be predominantly based in the Reading or London offices and the role is offered on a Hybrid basis. Travel to other sites across the UK will be required on a regular basis.
Responsible for managing the Finance team on a day to day basis including the General Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger matters for the Group, which is made up of various subsidiary companies.
The successful candidate will be expected to optimise (where possible) the financial performance of the Group through a thorough understanding of the business, providing timely and targeted financial information to support business decision making.
You will be expected to manage and develop the team of direct reports who will make up your finance team.
- Day to day management of the Finance team, ensuring they adhere to financial and contract management procedures.
- Motivate and guide the Finance team, encouraging progression internally and providing training to help them develop their own careers as well as your own. This will involve conducting regular 1-2-1s and performance management, if required.
- Work closely with the Finance Director to guarantee accurate maintenance of accounting systems for all companies within the group, carrying out checks and reconciliations where necessary.
- Review monthly management accounts ensuring all variances are investigated and ensuring overview commentaries are clear and concise for board review
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of every aspect of how the above systems are implemented, so that the finance tasks and staff can be effectively managed, and any problems or unusual circumstances can be promptly dealt with.
- Create and/or amend financial systems, processes and controls to meet changing business needs, adjusting procedures and controls as necessary, to maintain and improve efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness
- Oversee the group debt-collection progress, conducting regular reviews with the Accounts Receivable manager to identify and reduce risk of bad debts and improve response of slow paying customers.
- Review and manage the Treasury of the Group Management.
- Review and authorise supplier payments.
- Manage the business planning cycle of the Group, ensuring Profit and Loss Account forecasts, Cashflow forecasts, Balance Sheet forecasts and sales and project summary schedules, are all prepared accurately and on time.
- Financial modelling and assisting sales team with new opportunitiesp
EVIDENTLY BETTER PRACTICE
- With the support of your team, prepare half-year and full-year statutory packs.
- Attend project meetings, cost reviews and other ad hoc meetings as required.
- Manage the staff producing year end schedules as necessary, to ensure that all statutory financial reports, audit and tax requirements are met in an accurate and timely manner in each jurisdiction. Liaise with auditors and accountants accordingly.
- Monitor cashflow processes to ensure that the group's liquidity is maintained.
- Liaise with the group's bankers to maintain online and general banking facilities and reports.
- Review and manage the payroll process to ensure that staff are paid their correct salaries, on time, and that local employee/employer tax, pension and other payroll-associated legislation is adhered to.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree educated
- Qualified Accountant, preferably ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Highly IT literate including advanced Excel skills
- Capable of communicating effectively with management and colleagues, both verbally and in writing
- Project, systems and people management
- Determination to improve and develop the business, processes, staff and yourself
- Able to create and produce concise, clear and accurate financial schedules, presentable to senior management, board members and external parties where appropriate
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working in accountancy practice desirable
- Understanding of the Client Accounting Rule or experience working with professional service firms
- Highly motivated individual committed to business, team and personal development
- Ability to lead others
- Self-disciplined with exceptional attention to detail, a hands-on approach and excellent problem solving and investigative abilities
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work on own initiative, as well as within the management and departmental teams, sharing information, contacts, ideas and opinions.
In return a highly competitive salary is offered plus car allowance of 10% and Bonus.