Our Digital & Change team is growing! It means we have a number of exciting opportunities for Java Developers to join us. Our delivery teams are agile, fast-paced and collaborative, and are looking for individuals who are proactive, enthusiastic and can bring an analytical mindset to any challenge or opportunity.Role purpose
Working across all aspects of the software development lifecycle; supporting and delivering high quality software changes across Hastings systems and platforms,Accountabilities
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Write and Modify software to agreed standards with minimal input from experienced team members
- Understands and applies Development standards though-out own work and is able to leverage tooling as needed to achieve a well-engineered result
- Conducts testing and debugging of code, corrects errors, and re-test to achieve error-free results.
- Document work in accordance with agreed internal standard including unit test coverage
- Communicate effectively with the team, participate in scrum meetings, design reviews
- Consistently delivers on own User Story Commitments
- Demonstrable analysis and problem solving skills, adopting a rational and logical approach
- Basic understanding of database and application services, such as queues and caching.
- Passion for coding & willingness to attend and give input to the Development Community of Practise
- Participate in review for own work
- Potential to guide more junior team members
- Attending daily scrum calls and internal meetings, working collaboratively with the wider scrum team
- Complete training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA on time.
- Passion for development and ability to keeps skills and knowledge up to date and current
- Ensure that you are meeting customers' fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers' interests at the heart of how we do business.
- 2-5yrs + practical experience working as an IT Developer in an agile team, supporting and developing enterprise level applications.
- Java/ JVM based languages essential
- Microservices / Springboot / dot net/ Python experience is an advantage
- Experience of working with Azure would be advantageous
- Relational databases, SQL desirable
- Object oriented analysis and design
- Source Management software such as GitHub
- Knowledge of a Test driven approach including exposure to either TDD or BDD would be an advantage
- Knowledge or, or experience with the Guidewire product would also be an advantage
IT Professional qualifications are desirable but not essential.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.