AWE is recognised as an innovative champion of best practice for its emphasis on developing and maintaining a strong security culture and we are looking for an experienced and creative communicator with a passion for security to drive this forward.
We are extremely keen to develop our staff and will support professional qualifications to develop the right candidate in the role and throughout their career at AWE.
Location - This is a full-time post working for AWE in the Reading area although we would consider part time and job share opportunities.
We have Smarter Working as a business so there will be some flexibility to work from home.
Salary from £34,000 to £40,000 per annum with the below benefits
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
(270 hours a year including bank holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours
Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
The successful applicants will be required to develop AWE's security culture strategy and lead implementation through creative communications and education and awareness courses and initiatives.
- Developing an understanding of AWE's cultures and work with partners in corporate communications, environment, health and safety, well-being, human factors, Ministry of Defence Police as well as the wider security team to develop an AWE security culture strategy
- Reviewing existing security training initiatives and work with security subject matter experts to continuously improve
- Measuring impact of current and future messaging so that we can demonstrate improved security performance
- Engaging with stakeholders across AWE to understand business requirements and to provide security communications to meet business needs.
- Reviewing external as well as internal security messaging to promote public confidence in AWE's mission and to deter adversaries.
- Maintaining and promoting high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality, and be a great team player
- AWE may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- An understanding and be able to evidence application of change management best practices
- Evidence of implementing communications campaigns creatively with measurable impact
- Previous experience of delivering training to a diverse workforce.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to act as a team player, and communicate well with staff, contractors, and trusted partners
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- A passion for security and an enthusiasm to learn and develop
- An understanding of how to influence human behaviour