The Modern Workplace Team's remit is to engage customers who have been brought into the business by our Sales and Marketing teams and ultimately understand their vision and future objectives. Managed Services BDM will
work with the Customer to understand their requirements and convert these into "tech"roadmaps. This may include elements of productivity systems (for example, Office 365), hardware (Desktop, Notebook and Mobile devices), management platforms (such as Mobile Device Management systems), connectivity, Cloud Computing and Support requirements all being brought together as recommendations to form a Proposal to the customer.
Working closely with Academia's Technical Consultants,the experts in our Modern Workplace Teamare people who have a keen interest in technology (but don't necessarily need to be immensely "technical", more conceptual) and want to help organisations achieve their goals. The role is pivotal in Academia's provision of solutions and services to both the Public and Private Sectors.
The Managed Services BDM form part of Academia's Modern Workplace Team and are instrumental in helping define a customer's technological journey to meet their organisational objectives.
Your role will ultimately cover both verticals within the Academia Group, Education and B2B. The role would have a shared responsibility with the divisional head to drive revenue, profitability and achieve set KPIs, executing on top line strategies pre-set by the Divisional head and Sales Director.
The ideal candidate will have a wealth of previous experience working within IT Solutions and Support. You will have a strong understanding of the use of Technology within an Education and Enterprise environment and associated software licensing models, with a proven track record of success in selling Microsoft licenses and related services, by securing new business and building sustainable relationships with clients. This role is not just for someone who sells licensing and "bolt on" service, it is for someone who works towards a deep understanding of a customers' objectives and technological journey required to achieve them, with correct product licensing being part of the journey.You will be responsible for:
The Managed Services BDM will act as an internal point of contact for strategic software licensing opportunities, upselling managed services to existing customers and provide guidance for identifying net new prospecting customers.
- Taking the lead on opportunities in the Commercial, Education and general Public Sector markets
- Deriving customers' objectives and desired outcomes from the project
- Mapping the path from the customer's current position to their desired objectives from a technical stand point
- Engaging our Industry Specialists for Vision and Planning Workshops where appropriate
- Working with Academia's Account Managers to monitor and close opportunities as they progress
- Logging and updating of all owned opportunities in CRM
- Working with Academia's Account Managers to develop, chase and close opportunities
- Designing and providing final proposals to all customers we are engaged with
- Helping shape the services the business provides,and the proposition it goes to market with
- Collaborating to develop marketing campaigns.
- Arranging and delivering internal training sessions
- Staying up to date with Microsoft technology developments
- Maintaining any required accreditations/certifications
- Maintaining regular communications with key Microsoft and supply chain stakeholders
- Collaboration with our technical services teams to be able to position related Academia services
- Collaborate with our e-commerce team to grow market place offerings.
- Identifying related products and services to drive revenue growth.
- Outstanding customer communication, with the ability to interpret a customer's aims and barriers to achieving those aims into a journey via IT Solutions and Support
- Proven knowledge of CSP licensing in legacy licensing programmes
- Proven knowledge of the Autopilot deployment process
- Proven knowledge of the use of Intune/MEM for Device Management
- Proven track record of Managing Microsoft incentives and programmes.
- Understanding of the Microsoft Partner Portal and management thereof
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets and KPI's
- Strong and effective communication skills, both written (i.e.proposals) and verbal communication
- Microsoft Office (particularly Word/Excel/Power Point) proficiency
- Fantastic (physical and virtual meeting-based) presentation skills
- Experience working with high-level solution design and taking proposals from start to finish
- Ability to both forecast accurately and hit targets
- Knowledge of the following areas of technology:
- Office 365
- Cloud Hosting
- Internet Connectivity
- Experience in the Commercial sector - Education and general Public Sector a bonus
- Similar and demonstrable experience in previous roles
- Gym Membership contribution
- Health Cash Plan
- Free breakfast everyday in the Office
- Flexible working hours
- Increased annual leave with length of service
- Length of service bonus
- Free annual leave on your birthday
- Life Insurance
- Industry-leading uncapped commission structure
- Regular performance incentives and trips abroad
- and so much more!