Payroll & Pensions Officer, permanent job in Sunderland Your new companyThis large public sector organisation have a need for an experienced Payroller to join the team on a permanent basis.Your new role
• To ensure accurate and timely input of data to the electronic HR andPayroll systems.
• To maintain accurate and up to date records in accordance withstatutory and organisation regulations.
• To participate in investigating and responding to 'Helpdesk' queries -both verbal and in writing.
• To undertake regular training, keeping up to date with all new statutoryregulations and NHS directives affecting pay.
• To support the training and development of new, less experiencedand/or junior colleagues, e.g. apprentices.
• To manage own workload in an effective and timely manner.DimensionsAs part of a team of up to 16 staff, the job holder provides a payroll, pensionsand staff expenses service for approximately 9,000 staff across SouthTyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trusts and external clientorganisations. The job holder is responsible for processing payments forapproximately 1,200 employeesWhat you'll need to succeed
• Microsoft Office Excel to intermediate level.
• Knowledge of statutory payroll legislation / HMRC regulations, e.g.PAYE, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Sick Pay, payment of taxcredits, recovery of student loansWhat you'll get in returnAn attractive annual salary is offered along with 35 days holiday - increasing again after 5 years and 10 years service. NHS Pension is available to NHS employees. Lease car scheme available to permanent NHS employees Cycle scheme available to permanent NHS Employees On site Gym and flexible working options.What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.