An expanding wholesaler is looking to recruit buyer to join their supply chain team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate skills such as contract negotiation and a strong ability to source and develop supplier relationships
Ideally you will have at least 3 years experience in a purchasing/buying role and a sound understanding of working within a supply chain management department.
This role is responsible for reducing costs from our suppliers and negotiating improved trading terms ensuring the best possible purchasing terms available.
- Product Category Reviews
- Managing product consolidation or deletion
- Price comparison
- Focusing on cost reduction through effective negotiation
- Price change management and negotiation of trading terms
- Minimising the impact of stock shortages by utilising alternate supply route or substitute products
- Coordinating the sourcing and purchasing of special request items
- Managing new product information
- Assisting in the collation of information and pricing for tenders
- Tracking supplier performance
- Identifying trends within the industry
- Supporting the purchasing function