Title: Practice Lead - IBM Presales
Salary: £85000 + bonus
Location: Remote / Hybrid
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to take the step in being the head of a team of architects, and leading the sales team with all things IBM. The role is highly customer focused and requires someone with good presales experience, looking to further hone their skills and progress in their career, with a company that is one of the UK's leading MSPs.
- Overall Job Purpose:
A player / manager with demonstrable skills and experience in the design and delivery of IBM infrastructure and services solutions. The role holder will lead a team of IBM focused solution architects, work alongside sales colleagues and partners to drive PS opportunities, and work with customers to understand business requirements mapping these into an appropriate technology solution.
- Main Duties of Job:
* Line management of the Professional Services (PS) IBM presales team acting as an escalation point for all IBM presales engagements * Mentoring team members and identifying opportunities for individual development * Developing and maturing IBM services propositions* Engage directly with customers, often on speculative/pre-RFP requirements, to understand their business challenges and translate these into technology requirements * Advise customers on IBM technology choices and options
- Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
* 5 -10 + years experience of working in a professional services technology consulting role with at least five years in presales * Experience of presenting technical solutions to both technology focused and non-technology focused personnel up to and including board level * In depth knowledge of IBM enterprise technologies * Demonstrable knowledge of at least four of the following technology areas
- Hybrid cloud / public cloud
- Infrastructure platforms - compute and storage
- Hyper-converged / converged infrastructure
- Data protection products and services
- Application / data / cloud migration
If this sounds like something you're interested in then get in touch by sending an up to date CV! This is a fantastic opportunity at a highly regarded and well funded MSP.
Alex Pettifer - IT infrastructure Consultant